I've been holding back at my mental health appointments just to get through them.

Navy10

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
like the title says. Basically I'm finally telling the therapist how everything is going for me and it's good in that area. The problem I've created is that I see my Phychiatrist every 3 months or longer and she thinks I'm "stable", when it's far from it. How should I proceed? I set up an appointment at her office for the first time since we usually only teleconference. Any advice would be helpful

like the title says. Basically I'm finally telling the therapist how everything is going for me and it's good in that area. The problem I've created is that I see my Phychiatrist every 3 months or longer and she thinks I'm "stable", when it's far from it. How should I proceed? I set up an appointment at her office for the first time since we usually only teleconference. Any advice would be helpful
Tell her you need more appointments. If you're having dark thoughts and if she's a good psychiatrist, give you more appointments or set you up with a psychologist who can see you more frequently. For me, my psychologist was the one who I talked to the most; my psychiatrist would talk too, but he was there more so to prescribe me stuff, so I had less appointments with him.

My problem is I don't want to leave the house most of the time, I have it good for now only seeing my therapist Twice a month and talking to my phychiatrist only every few months. My problem is getting anything out of therapy. And my therapist the other day have the nerve to say to me " I think you need to address your ptsd" I about blew up on her

I don't think my Phychiatrist is reading my therapist notes, at all. It's quite the opposite when you read her notes , it's not like I can tell her to look at them and do her job.

I honestly hate the word PTSD. Just my opinion as I'm rated 100 for it. I don't know what your question refers to.

Are you looking for benefits?
Or looking for help?

I know people I was in infantry with that could give two shits about Va benefits and wouldn't go to a Va for anything. The use a hospital and a regular doctor like the rest of the world.

If you're looking for help. See an outside source other than the VA. There's a ton out there. If you're content with your meds and that's all you need I'd do that. I steer clear as far from the Va as possible. I personally wouldn't even let them clean my teeth... lol.

If you're looking for benefits... I don't know. I see my shrink about once every 3 months for about 10 mins. Tell her everything's the same and get my meds. You might have to start fresh. Even with the same lady and say. Hey. This is what's really going on. Tell her what you've told us. If she doesn't understand go to another VA or shrink. There's tons out there.