Jag attorney

Jacque1950

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I don’t understand all this! Should you have someone advocate for you when you are facing medical discharge in navy. What is the channel they follow.

Every service provides free legal counsel while going through the PEB process. There are also private attorneys that specialize in medical discharges.

Everyone should take some advantage of legal counsel. Others need to lean heavily on legal counsel.

Hello @Jacque1950

You can review this LINK for some of the general information pertaining to the process. Other important links are included at the bottom of the page.
@chaplaincharlie is one of the experts on the subject.

Ron

Just be aware that not all free legal service lawyers from the services have your best interest at heart. A lot of them take the path of least resistance and recommend things that cause the least paperwork, the least headaches for them and the quickest direction to get you out. They tell you that you can fight things or appeal things once your out as a veteran but they don’t explain how very much more difficult fighting things are once your actually out and labeled a veteran. I took everything they said with massive skepticism and did my own research and advocated for myself and proved what they told me was a bunch of lies, half truths and certainly was not in my best interests.just be cautious.

Just be aware that not all free legal service lawyers from the services have your best interest at heart. A lot of them take the path of least resistance and recommend things that cause the least paperwork, the least headaches for them and the quickest direction to get you out. They tell you that you can fight things or appeal things once your out as a veteran but they don’t explain how very much more difficult fighting things are once your actually out and labeled a veteran. I took everything they said with massive skepticism and did my own research and advocated for myself and proved what they told me was a bunch of lies, half truths and certainly was not in my best interests.just be cautious.
If they are your attorney then they DO have your best interest at heart. They have a legal duty to do so. If you really think they are not doing their job then ask to speak to their supervisor.

Legal is supposed to represent your interest. Attorneys are people and not all people strive for excellence in their personal &/or professional life.