JBER Timeline

Buzz556

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I’m at the IPEB portion at the moment. My timeline puts me at 18 days in and I am still at vote one according to my PEBLO. My VA ratings have already been returned though. I’ve read through the forum and many soldiers who have gone through the process saw their votes come back fairly quickly. My PEBLO informed me there are people who have been at vote one since Sept-Oct which I don’t really understand. Especially since my PEBLO told me I got 100 from the VA. I don’t know where I would go to get a breakdown of what I was rated for on each individual condition through the VA. I checked va.gov but it doesn’t show anything as far as my ratings or percentages.

Timelines are unpredictable. COVID along with the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years holidays is sure to slow thing down a lot.

Timelines are unpredictable. COVID along with the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years holidays is sure to slow thing down a lot.
It blows my mind how varied timelines are across the board. It just seems like a roll of the dice!

That's because they're all working from home these days and I guess it's up to them if they want to do any work that day or just watch TV. The whole process is a joke these days. If you look at what needs to be done it should only take 6 months max but here we are. Everyone blames COVID for everything. The way I see it, if the Soldiers are working every day then those that are supposed to support us should be working not collecting a free paycheck for sitting at home watching Oprah. That's my rant for the week.

That's because they're all working from home these days and I guess it's up to them if they want to do any work that day or just watch TV. The whole process is a joke these days. If you look at what needs to be done it should only take 6 months max but here we are. Everyone blames COVID for everything. The way I see it, if the Soldiers are working every day then those that are supposed to support us should be working not collecting a free paycheck for sitting at home watching Oprah. That's my rant for the week.
I’m right there with you on that. Hearing about the backlog of soldiers in the system is depressing. 9 months+ is a hell of a long time to wait.

It blows my mind how varied timelines are across the board. It just seems like a roll of the dice!
It is a roll of the dice! There are so many variable that effect timelines.

I’m at the IPEB portion at the moment. My timeline puts me at 18 days in and I am still at vote one according to my PEBLO. My VA ratings have already been returned though. I’ve read through the forum and many soldiers who have gone through the process saw their votes come back fairly quickly. My PEBLO informed me there are people who have been at vote one since Sept-Oct which I don’t really understand. Especially since my PEBLO told me I got 100 from the VA. I don’t know where I would go to get a breakdown of what I was rated for on each individual condition through the VA. I checked va.gov but it doesn’t show anything as far as my ratings or percentages.
I’m at JBER too going through MEB. I finished my qtc exams in November as well as signed my NARSUM and sent it back on (11-16) . I just got an email today that my 3 signatures were complete and my 199 was getting typed and she should receive it this week. I don’t have a lot of faith that it will be complete this week but maybe this info will help give you better timeline. My 199 deadline should have been December 19 but I guess no one was working.

I’m at JBER too going through MEB. I finished my qtc exams in November as well as signed my NARSUM and sent it back on (11-16) . I just got an email today that my 3 signatures were complete and my 199 was getting typed and she should receive it this week. I don’t have a lot of faith that it will be complete this week but maybe this info will help give you better timeline. My 199 deadline should have been December 19 but I guess no one was working.
Also how did you know your VA ratings ahead of time? I see that it’s complete on VA benefits but I thought those weren’t released to us until after we got the 199?

Also how did you know your VA ratings ahead of time? I see that it’s complete on VA benefits but I thought those weren’t released to us until after we got the 199?
I thought the same thing. I guess the VA starts working them up as soon as they receive the exams from QTC. That is a hell of a long time to wait on your votes! My peblo was able to pull it up on her end and check it (VA ratings). She sent me that screenshot. I’m assuming that is what the “parallel” ratings are that people said they weren’t doing anymore?

I thought the same thing. I guess the VA starts working them up as soon as they receive the exams from QTC. That is a hell of a long time to wait on your votes! My peblo was able to pull it up on her end and check it (VA ratings). She sent me that screenshot. I’m assuming that is what the “parallel” ratings are that people said they weren’t doing anymore?
Hmm. That’s interesting. When I check ebenefits it says the VA has made a decision but I haven’t asked the peblo here at JBER. I guess I just want this process to be done with more than anything since I’ve been in the MEB since May. I’m assuming we have the same peblo but she did say that when I get this 199 it will have all of my ratings with it as well. I’m not sure how long after that I will get my orders and be able to start clearing.!Either way hope your stuff is done soon.

Hmm. That’s interesting. When I check ebenefits it says the VA has made a decision but I haven’t asked the peblo here at JBER. I guess I just want this process to be done with more than anything since I’ve been in the MEB since May. I’m assuming we have the same peblo but she did say that when I get this 199 it will have all of my ratings with it as well. I’m not sure how long after that I will get my orders and be able to start clearing.!Either way hope your stuff is done soon.
I feel you on that. I’m definitely ready to be done with it as well. I can’t imagine playing the waiting game since May! That’s wild. I’m hoping yours finishes soon too.
What took the longest for you? Was it getting your appointments when covid hit?

COVID adds an additional factor. However, it has been my experience that once a case is in the process at late November, it is subject to being impacted by a slow down for the holidays. This results in a bit of a backlog. Get to late December, same thing, but worse (because of two holidays, Christmas and New Years).

The backlog builds, it takes some time for the MEB or PEB to work through it. This is not always the case, as I have seen cases move during the end of year Holiday season. But, most often, it is the easier and clear cut cases that move smoothly through.

I hope all goes your way and you get your desired outcome!

I came into November with the mindset that most likely little to nothing would be done due to the Holidays. I do have faith that things will start moving along though. I have got to the PEB portion fairly quickly compared to other Soldiers who have been waiting much longer than myself.

I was informed to day that my case has moved over to the “VA PENDING” stage. I was found unfit and now I’m just waiting for the 199 I believe.

That's good news. I still haven't heard anything. Turned NARSUM into PEBLO Dec. 4th. He sat on it until Dec. 18th when it finally went to PEB. Now just waiting on PEB results.

Good deal! That’s one part of the haul down. I’m behind you guys, different base too but hopefully it’ll swing in order. I have a little hope.

I was informed to day that my case has moved over to the “VA PENDING” stage. I was found unfit and now I’m just waiting for the 199 I believe.
I will let you know when I receive my 199. Like I said I was told it was being typed and I should have it this week but I was also told I would be out of the army by now.

How has your timeline on the IDES Dashboard match up with your actual timeline?
It’s been pretty much spot on. Give or take a couple weeks when I went through the medical exam phase. I had to keep calling and bugging QTC because they were sitting on my physical exam.

Attachments

• 8D4A860C-B75C-4EEE-A320-56C9F90C7A78.jpeg
    8D4A860C-B75C-4EEE-A320-56C9F90C7A78.jpeg
    740.7 KB · Views: 91
Well, it's been six weeks today since I signed my NARSUM. Still no word. Emailed my PEBLO this morning. I started cc'ing my PEBLOS supervisor on any correspondence. I noticed that's the only way he replies to me.