LDES Timeline USMC - Camp Pendleton

Saf

Registered Member
Hey guys, I was hoping to get some info from anyone who has gone through or is currently going through the LDES process. I got med boarded for 2 major disk herniations with severe sciatica and numbness in the bottom of my foot. PEB received my documents on July 24. I kept calling my peblo to ask whether he had heard anything in the weeks after that and finally on August 18th he told me to just call the PEB office myself. I called and they told me the PEB was received on the 24th and accepted on August 14th and that its usually 4 weeks after they receive it that I should have my answer. Just wondering what timelines anyone has had with LDES. I have a pretty serious job offer for end of september and missing out on it would actually be devastating. I have 15.5 days leave and was planning on using them for terminal to make my departure that much quicker. Peblo said I could look forward to being out mid-late september. Every day that passes makes me more and more worried that my timeline won't be met. Anyone who could help, provide some info, or send me their timeline would be greatly appreciated.

20 July - MEB & NMA Complete and sent to Peblo
23 July - Documents sent to PEB
24 July - Documents arrived at PEB
14 Aug - PEB accepted documents
27 Aug - Still waiting........................

Also, in the case that I didnt make my timeline, does anyone know if a command would accept a request for PTAD to a recruiter station near my new job to start training while im waiting for my results? My OIC is being really helpful and is pushing that idea to my CO in case I can't make the timeline with LDES process. Thanks!!

The process is lengthy. Even if the PEB made a decision today, getting orders, out processing.... takes time.

The process is lengthy. Even if the PEB made a decision today, getting orders, out processing.... takes time.
I’ve been seeing a lot of posts throwing ideas up in the air. If I do get my decision soon, I’ve heard situations where a command will approve Home Awaiting Orders after you accept your “unfit” decision.

My IDES package was accepted by the PEB on Aug 2nd and (I called today) it is still at the MO's desk. I, too, wish that I could at least have a seperation date so I can plan jobs. I had to pass on a great opportunity because of it too.

Any update on the findings? And can you update on the process. Also in the LDES process for low back problems. Getting sent to PEB this week.