Limited Assignment Status Question

Drgnbllroach86

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have been for 19 years and almost 2 months. I have been approved for LAS status. My question is do I need to formally apply for retirement or does AFPC or my local MPS handle it? My MPS doesn’t seem to know. They referred this question to the PEBLO who doesn’t seem knowledgeable either.

Do you have a copy/template of the letter of recommendation you used and who it gets sent to? I’m going to be applying for LAS shortly and have no idea where to begin.

Yes I have templates I can send you for the LAS letter of recommendation. You need to send it to your lawyer from the ODC that you should have asked for. The lawyer sends the request to AFPC. Please message me your email and I’ll send it to you.

Not sure if you still need the answer but the Ari Force Disabilities branch will apply for retirement for you and it will be very close to 20 years. Mine was 20 years and 2 days. I had a service commitment that they waived as well and would not let me finish it even thought the regulation said I could.