Limited Assignment Status

rmadmax

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Active duty for just over 18 years and currently going through an MEB. Anyone ever hear of someone being approved for LAS in a fairly overmanned career field?

For context, my VA exams were complete as of 8 Sep. Expecting local board results next week. Already know that it will be "Do not retain" due to DoD regs. Package will be at AFPC shortly after. Career field manning authorizations set to be cut significantly as of 1 Oct, placing our manning level at nearly 200% (yes, a lot of people are going to be se t to other career fields). My logical brain says there's no way they will approve LAS. But everyone I work with tells me it'll be approved no problem. Just looking for opinions/experiences. I'm preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.

Apply anyway.

Exspect a no and have a plans for both options.

Last edited:
Curious if you were approved or not? Unfortunately, I don't have an answer as my career field was undermanned. But when you ask for manning, they do look at manning 1 rank below and above for %.

I will update as soon as possible. Got the call from my PEBLO at the end of the day today. Getting briefed on my ratings Monday and then will see what happens with LAS.

6 Nov: briefed on results of VA exams. 30% DoD/90% VA. Still applying for LAS. Will provide updates as they come.

6 Nov: briefed on results of VA exams. 30% DoD/90% VA. Still applying for LAS. Will provide updates as they come.
Any update? I’m in your boat right now with 17.5 AFS and want to stay to get to 20. Was told I’ll have to do a “final” MEB at 19 years. I’m going for LDES so it keeps my previous rating and I don’t have to redo the C&P exams.