MEB For Back

Cody1

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey guys, new to the thread. I've enjoyed reading everyone's story and appreciate all the knowledge being spread on here. I began my MEB in Dec and finished my VA exams 23 Jan 19. I'm curious what you all think my timeline might be. VA.gov says my expected completion date is July 17th 2019. How relevant is that date and does it matter? Thanks

Timelines are very hard to predict. Hope your process goes quickly and fairly. Welcome to the forum

Does the installation have an alternate?

Hey guys, new to the thread. I've enjoyed reading everyone's story and appreciate all the knowledge being spread on here. I began my MEB in Dec and finished my VA exams 23 Jan 19. I'm curious what you all think my timeline might be. VA.gov says my expected completion date is July 17th 2019. How relevant is that date and does it matter? Thanks

I am almost the exact timeframe you are, finished my VA exams (via QTC) on 21 Jan. I called QTC earlier this week and they said they were still waiting on notes from 1 of my 3 appointments, but they should be getting them that day/yesterday, and should have everything to VA by end of this week. It's my understanding that the VA should almost immediately send the exam results to the PEBLO once they get them, they're not supposed to hold them up for their review process.

I am almost the exact timeframe you are, finished my VA exams (via QTC) on 21 Jan. I called QTC earlier this week and they said they were still waiting on notes from 1 of my 3 appointments, but they should be getting them that day/yesterday, and should have everything to VA by end of this week. It's my understanding that the VA should almost immediately send the exam results to the PEBLO once they get them, they're not supposed to hold them up for their review process.
Thanks for the info. I actually called QTC after reading your post and they told me my exam results were sent 22Feb. I called my new PEBLO and she said they will be available Tuesday and then the local review board will take a look at them. It will then go to the IPEB which can take up to 45 days. Looks like the process is starting to move along. I hope you hear back about yours soon.

Timelines are very hard to predict. Hope your process goes quickly and fairly. Welcome to the forum
I really enjoy your feedback on many of the threads I've read. I was hoping you could answer a question for me. It appears I will get 20% for my back because my forward flexion was 60 degrees. In hopes of getting to the retirement % of 30, my question is will DDD and lumbar radiculopathy be added to that 20%? Both of those were listed on my C&P exams as additional diagnoses. Thank you

You definitely want to get to that 30% qualifying you for the medical retirement (id card, post access, commissary, post exchange, etc). Also, if you are less than 30% and receive a severance pay and it's not combat related you will more than likely have to pay it back over time. There is also something called CRSC that only medical retired or 20yr retired can apply for. If you feel your failing condition or any condition listed on VA is combat related you can apply for CRSC through your branch and potentially get reimbursed some of your army money tax free. If your back is the only thing submitted as the failing condition your MEB then that's all that will be factored. If you feel DDD and lumbar radiculopathy should be added and is directly related to your back 20%, you will need to get with your assigned Soldier's Defense and submit an appeal to the initial MEB NARSUM write up (not sure what stage in the process you are in).

Thank you. So if DDD and lumbar radiculopathy are listed on my C&P exam results, they won't be added to my back rating?

Charleston
I'm in Charleston too,
There is only one peblo now and she is taking all the cases the other peblo left behind.
I was determined full MEB 15Mar19 and I am still waiting for someone to call me to schedule my VA C&P Exams.
If you don't mind I have a few questions for you.
How long did they take to call you? and how far out did they schedule them? also, were your appointments in Charleston?

I'm in Charleston too,
There is only one peblo now and she is taking all the cases the other peblo left behind.
I was determined full MEB 15Mar19 and I am still waiting for someone to call me to schedule my VA C&P Exams.
If you don't mind I have a few questions for you.
How long did they take to call you? and how far out did they schedule them? also, were your appointments in Charleston?
Yeah she is very nice and helpful but unfortunately extremely overworked after taking on all those extra cases. I met with my old PEBLO for my initial visit and was contacted two days later from the VA rep at the base medical. I went to see her about two days after that for my claims. I believe it was about 3 or 4 days later that I received an email that my appointments had been scheduled. They were set to begin in Columbia about two weeks from that day. I only claimed about 7 things so all my appointments were done in the same day in Columbia at a place called QTC.

Hello everyone. Just wanted to throw my timeline on here to see if anyone has a similar timeline. Is anyone hearing anything about current rough estimates on getting ratings once sent to the VA?

12 Dec 2018 - Code 37
15 Dec 2018 - IRILO sent to AFPC
21 Dec 2018 - Full MEB Directed
10 Jan 2019 - VA MSC files claims
23 Jan 2019 - VA C&P exams
27 Feb 2019 - Received DBQs back from C&P exams
1 Apr 2019 - Signed 618/Accepted board findings (Refer to IPEB)
11 Apr 2019 – Case assigned to team
17 Apr 19 - IPEB results received (Unfit) Case sent to VA for ratings

Mine went up on 1 Apr so we’re both waiting patiently lol. But I do see some light at the end of the tunnel.
Hey! Wanted to let you know my claim was closed on VA.gov today. Hopefully you'll be seeing an update here soon too!