MEB Timeline Irwin/JBLM

EODStew24

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
5 May 2012 Initial MEB Counseling
------Appointments-----
18 July Meeting with MEB Doctor
20 August NARSUM was finished but wrong.
* This is where I am thankful I had a good PEBLO, I told them I would not sign it until it was fixed, he had the doctor fix it and it went from 8 pages to 22 pages, and corrected all the things wrong.
30 August NEW NARSUM signed
30 August Sent to PEB @ JBLM.

I am now waiting. From the timelines I have seen, it seems there is a huge variance on times. I have seen as quick at 2-3 weeks for a ruling to 3-4 months. We shall see.... Estimated Separation date according to NARSUM is 2012 Dec. I will keep you posted!

Thanks for all the help, this forum really did help me through a lot of the anxieties of this process.

Took you 2 months to meet with a doctor? I start the MEB on the 19th of October. So I can get this stuff all done.

My husband is at Irwin right now. He's done with the process, though, and is awaiting two final signatures from the VA so he can apply for orders. His process has taken nearly three years, and his issues were pretty much straight forward. Knees were blown due to climbing on/off tanks for 14 years and his back is screwed up due to it all. No PTSD, or anything "complicated" to go through.

I wish you the best of luck getting this all done in a timely manner, especially at Irwin. I was there for three years with him, then it got close enough for me and the kids to make our escape.

Good luck!

Took you 2 months to meet with a doctor? I start the MEB on the 19th of October. So I can get this stuff all done.

I had problems from my command getting my ORB transcribed from my ERB.

@MAMA-
If your husband was a legacy program it is different from the IDES. My PEBLO said Ft. Irwin just had its first IDES case completed and it took 8 months from start to finish. Three years is TOO LONG even for a legacy program. My packet is now at PEB and should have a decision from them within the month, and VA Rating hopefully by December, which means out by March. It sucks it took so long for your husband, but that case from what I have researched is extremely rare in length.

I'm on WTU/Fort Irwin/ B Company (NMCSD- San Diego). I'm posting my timeline for your info.

Initial MEB Counseling on Feb 17 2012
Commander notified on March 1st
C&P exam result came out on March 13
Narsum result on June 6
Narsum forwarded to PEB on June 13
Narsum kicked back from PEB due to get detail of poly trauma on July 20
Narsum correction and signed on Aug 3
I heard from my PEBLO my case is in Typing Phase since Sept 15

5 May 2012 Initial MEB Counseling
------Appointments-----
18 July Meeting with MEB Doctor
20 August NARSUM was finished but wrong.
* This is where I am thankful I had a good PEBLO, I told them I would not sign it until it was fixed, he had the doctor fix it and it went from 8 pages to 22 pages, and corrected all the things wrong.
30 August NEW NARSUM signed
30 August Sent to PEB @ JBLM.

I am now waiting. From the timelines I have seen, it seems there is a huge variance on times. I have seen as quick at 2-3 weeks for a ruling to 3-4 months. We shall see.... Estimated Separation date according to NARSUM is 2012 Dec. I will keep you posted!

Thanks for all the help, this forum really did help me through a lot of the anxieties of this process.
I'm on WTU/Fort Irwin/ B Company (NMCSD- San Diego). I'm posting my timeline for your info.

Initial MEB Counseling on Feb 17 2012
Commander notified on March 1st
C&P exam result came out on March 13
Narsum result on June 6
Narsum forwarded to PEB on June 13
Narsum kicked back from PEB due to get detail of poly trauma on July 20
Narsum correction and signed on Aug 3
I heard from my PEBLO my case is in Typing Phase since Sept 15

I am at JBLM and I just signed my NARSUM, the word I was given from my PEBLO is about 6 months until the PEB stage is done, but have seen a few come back in a few weeks, PEBLO definitely wasn't sure where it could fall. Not sure with the PEB system down how it could help/hinder things along.

I am at JBLM and I just signed my NARSUM, the word I was given from my PEBLO is about 6 months until the PEB stage is done, but have seen a few come back in a few weeks, PEBLO definitely wasn't sure where it could fall. Not sure with the PEB system down how it could help/hinder things along.
I am at JBLM also. I signed my NARSUM on 19 July and my DA 199 on 19 September so exactly 2 months. I'm waiting on TRANSPROC now...

I am at JBLM also. I signed my NARSUM on 19 July and my DA 199 on 19 September so exactly 2 months. I'm waiting on TRANSPROC now...

Wow, I signed my NARSUM on July 17 and haven't even been given the unfit memo. No updates on ebenefits either. I only have 1 failing condition, 4 total...

Wow, I signed my NARSUM on July 17 and haven't even been given the unfit memo. No updates on ebenefits either. I only have 1 failing condition, 4 total...
I was never given an unfit memo. My status changed on ebenefits like 2 weeks or so after I signed my NARSUM I think...and then they called me to come in and sign my 199. However, that was after I waited for my NARSUM for almost 6 months...

I was never given an unfit memo. My status changed on ebenefits like 2 weeks or so after I signed my NARSUM I think...and then they called me to come in and sign my 199. However, that was after I waited for my NARSUM for almost 6 months...

Hopefully I am in the same boat, it took a long time for my NARSUM as well, just seems like MEB's are speeding up at JBLM, a lot more people catching up to the ones that have been at it for a long time. I will definitely be checking my ebenefits more often, seems like its been on the reviewing evidence forever. :)

Hopefully I am in the same boat, it took a long time for my NARSUM as well, just seems like MEB's are speeding up at JBLM, a lot more people catching up to the ones that have been at it for a long time. I will definitely be checking my ebenefits more often, seems like its been on the reviewing evidence forever. :)
Talked to the PEBLO at Irwin, he confirmed to me that unfortunately, the system for processing MEB's PEB's is down, has been for a few weeks... figures this would happen to an already slow process. BUMMED! :(

I was found unfit feb. 26 and the VA recieved my papper work feb. 27 for a determination on percentage, so far no change beyond that, still in the review of evidence stage. Last week I check and the VA is backlogged over 606,000 cases, a case is concidered backlogged if it is more that 125 days waiting. One day I'll be done.....

I was found unfit feb. 26 and the VA recieved my papper work feb. 27 for a determination on percentage, so far no change beyond that, still in the review of evidence stage. Last week I check and the VA is backlogged over 606,000 cases, a case is concidered backlogged if it is more that 125 days waiting. One day I'll be done.....

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

How is your process going? I know my process has been faster than most less than two months to found unfit. No it's at the VA just a few day from being there a month. From what I have herd the VA in Seattle has a all time low for cases. We will see, just wondering where you are at with you MED.

How is your process going? I know my process has been faster than most less than two months to found unfit. No it's at the VA just a few day from being there a month. From what I have herd the VA in Seattle has a all time low for cases. We will see, just wondering where you are at with you MED.

I am at ft irwin also