Med Board and Bonus Question

I am being medically borded out of the military. I am waiting on the discharge paperwork.

I recieved a bonus when I re-enlisted. Do I have to pay that back since I am being medically boarded.

Please help.

ft4reco,

Good to have you here! Good news, DoD Policy is to not recoup bonuses if you are separated/retired for disability reasons.

Best of luck in the future!

ok so I was wondering where this information was located and if you could enlighten me, i'm going to post a question later just incase no one reads this but I am in a similar situation, I re enlisted in Nov 08 and i'm deployed, when we get back in june 09 I wanna med board but I don't want to have to pay back money I don't have. :eek:

What do you mean "plan on med boarding"? I certainly hope you didn't re-enlist, collect a bonus and plan on leaving?

Please elaborate what you mean.

Well I re enlisted with intent to stay. However, I have had to make a trip down to Kuwait for another MRI on my knee and my legs have started to swell up REALLY bad and the doctors can't figure why. I have veracose (spelling) veins running up and down the inside of my legs and it gets worse.. and now I can't even sit at my desk with out my legs swelling up. Nobody seems to be able to tell me anything, I was tested for kidney failure and I was ok. I have a family history of diabetes but they wont test me for it. I have asthma to and from what i've been told I was not supposed to deploy in the first place because I braces and such. The aviation unit i'm in doesn't like to help broken people or deal with them so much either. I have a P2 for my knee and when I got back from leave recently I could hardly carry a 50 pound bag.... I can't hardly even exercise like i'm supposed to b/c my legs swell up and now I have plantar fiscitis (spelling) in my right arch of my foot... from my knees down are just getting tore up and my body can't surivive much more.

you've got alot going on and it would be wise to start protecting yourself. i would start by educating yourself to the DES. cross referance your conditions to the VASRD and make sure all your medical documentation is in order. get copies! don't hesistate to ask questions here. w/the ?plantar fascitis? my friend (sfreddy10) has gone through it w/2surgeries, you can shoot him an e-mail here and he may be able to give you some insight on that perticular condition. good luck and keep us updated.

Well thanks for the pointers :) I'm trying to get all of my information before I go to my PA and start the great fight... ha. My problem is that I have a P2 for my knee and instead of adding my issues to the P2 they just say, "oh well you can't run already so we don't need to add that" Which I have been told that I need the issues with my legs and my P.F added to my profile so it can be bumped up to a P3. The issues right now i'm having with my legs is that they don't want to diagnose me. They tested me for Kidney failure but the obvious answer is some type of circulation disorder with my veins, (what i've been explained to by a different doctor). This unit is good about trying to REALLY screw people over, and of course the PA (who is the better between the Doctor and the PA) just left for R&R today.. great right? So I figure if I get my ducks in a row on my side and I have the support of a couple medics also I can get somewhere so when we get back I can just through it down ha. It's already a pain in the ass and I haven't even really started anything...:(