Medical conditions that may not be in records.

Hello,

I am in the medboard process just got my referral put in and was wondering about claiming things for VA disability that I haven’t been exactly seen for. Example is knee pain and popping. I have put in on PHA but never went to be sick call or physical therapy for it. Is that enough for that claim to be accepted as medical evidence or does it have to be the sole reason for a sick visit/physical therapy? Should I still go to be seen for it? It’s kinda hard to go to sick call here at Fort Eisenhower due to they took it away and have to make a same day appointment at 0600 or wait a month and 1/2 to see a provider or just go to the hospital. Ultimately what advice do y’all have or should I wait for the end of service medical exam?

Hello,

I am in the medboard process just got my referral put in and was wondering about claiming things for VA disability that I haven’t been exactly seen for. Example is knee pain and popping. I have put in on PHA but never went to be sick call or physical therapy for it. Is that enough for that claim to be accepted as medical evidence or does it have to be the sole reason for a sick visit/physical therapy? Should I still go to be seen for it? It’s kinda hard to go to sick call here at Fort Eisenhower due to they took it away and have to make a same day appointment at 0600 or wait a month and 1/2 to see a provider or just go to the hospital. Ultimately what advice do y’all have or should I wait for the end of service medical exam?
Claim whatever you think is an issue. Also, try to be seen for it asap. That way you have something in your medical records.

You can claim stuff that you have never been to medical for. Thats what the Head to Toe exam is for. I had like 10 claims that I put in for but were never in my record but was able to get 10 percent for because I was in pain during my exam for instance my knees, shoulders, wrist and so forth.

But @Provis is correct! Get to medical either way because always having a diagnosis in your med record is better and easier than just banking on your head to toe exam

Claim everything. Get seen ASAP.