7 Jan 2021: Contacted by PEBLO about an initial briefing
8 Jan 2021: PEBLO briefing/returned forms
11 Jan 2021: Contacted by MSC to fill out IDES/VA Claim info
19 Jan 2021: Contacted by VBAWAC for Vocational Rehabilitation enrollment
11 Feb 2021: First VA Appointments
17 Mar 2021: Last VA Appointments
12 Apr 2021: Exams released to VA/PEBLO
19 Apr 2021: Received NARSUM from PEBLO, Signed 618, requested IMR
20 Apr 2021: Received IMR back (provider concurred w/ NARSUM to my disappointment), referred to IPEB

This process has been long overdue and I have had to fight nearly every step of the way. I will try to remember to keep you guys updated. I'm hoping for the best.

21 Apr 21: Received automated response by AFPC stating my case has been pushed forward to the IPEB.
28 Apr 21: Claim for compensation updated to closed on Va.gov

- VA.gov says, "Your claim decision is ready. We finished reviewing your claim on April 28, 2021. We sent you a packet by U.S. mail that includes details of the decision on your claim. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your packet to arrive before contacting a VA call center."

- eBenefits says, "Status of Your Claim: PENDING DECISION APPROVAL." The estimated completion is also unavailable. It looks like I'm on step 6 of 8 for the claims process.

Does anyone know why there's a difference between the two or does eBenefits update after the va.gov website? I'm happy things are moving along and hoping to be properly compensated based on my conditions and evidence. However, my C & P exams didn't go as well as I thought they did (information was left out, the wrong gender was used on one of my reports, and during my mental health exam they said I was inpatient for a week...I never was). I'm hoping for 30% to get the retirement on the AF side and I plan on appealing the unfortunately inaccurate reports once I'm out. I know that one of my unfitting conditions is 60% because I get immunotherapy, however the C & P report left that out, so I made sure to upload supporting documentation for my claims while they were still processing it. Wish me luck!

Mine has been sitting like that since the beginning of April. But I also had them add some claims after that showed up. ... I just got a VA form 21-686c in the mail so I'll probably get my ratings at some time after I submit this paperwork. I'm still hoping for this to take a long time, since the IDES isn't even done yet. I hit 20 years at the end of February 2022.

I called the VA yesterday and I have my proposed ratings coming in the mail. They wouldn't give them to me over the phone and the only way that they would actually email or fax them to me is if 10 business days had passed. Hopefully I get the IPEB decision some time this week, the whole 10 day window has already passed. I'm ready for the process to be over so that I can move on. I understand why you would want the process to take a long time and I hope it works out for you. I'm at a location that is in the middle of nowhere so everything is harder to get done here and that includes getting proper medical care.

Anyone have a package that was sent up the week of 17 April to IDES and still waiting on their findings?

I called the VA yesterday and I have my proposed ratings coming in the mail. They wouldn't give them to me over the phone and the only way that they would actually email or fax them to me is if 10 business days had passed. Hopefully I get the IPEB decision some time this week, the whole 10 day window has already passed. I'm ready for the process to be over so that I can move on. I understand why you would want the process to take a long time and I hope it works out for you. I'm at a location that is in the middle of nowhere so everything is harder to get done here and that includes getting proper medical care.

Anyone have a package that was sent up the week of 17 April to IDES and still waiting on their findings?
Thanks, I hope you get what you are looking for also.

Mine was sent up around that time and then kicked back(missing MH narsum) and sent up again last week. I tried to get an update from my PEBLO about where it was at. They told me that they had not heard anything and that they would contact me when they got the ratings back. This confused me because I thought I would first receive a fit/unfit then fit/unfit with ratings. the first time it was sent up to afpc it came back with unfit finding. Now that it's up again is it gonna come back with specific fit unfit for the conditions with ratings attached? Also I've seen other posts talk about a Vote 1, Vote 2, and Vote 3 saying their PEBLO was able to tell them. Mine won't share any information which bothers me.

6 May 21: AF Form 356, Findings and Recommended Disposition sent to PEBLO
7 May 21: Unfit/Permanent retirement, signed paperwork, PEBLO sent my 1180 back up

@AFMeb2020 I hope that you hear good news this week. It looks like your PEBLO is very similar to mine and doesn't give you many details. Mine actually sounds annoyed when I call! If customers called me about their cms cases I would at least give them a status update on where its at or if there were any type of movement to different offices. The wait with a lack of information is very frustrating. My PEBLO mentioned 10 days for my orders, I'm not so sure but will keep everyone updated.

7 May 21: Unfit/Permanent retirement, signed paperwork, PEBLO sent my 1180 back up

@AFMeb2020 I hope that you hear good news this week. It looks like your PEBLO is very similar to mine and doesn't give you many details. Mine actually sounds annoyed when I call! If customers called me about their cms cases I would at least give them a status update on where its at or if there were any type of movement to different offices. The wait with a lack of information is very frustrating. My PEBLO mentioned 10 days for my orders, I'm not so sure but will keep everyone updated.
Congrats. It's a long timeline but surely now you can let out a sigh of relief and prepare for the next chapter in life.

Full Timeline

Dec 9 2020: Notified by PCM they were starting an MEB
20 Apr 2021: Received IMR back (provider concurred w/ NARSUM to my disappointment), referred to IPEB
21 Apr 21: Received automated response by AFPC stating my case has been pushed forward to the IPEB.
13 May 21: Retirement Orders received

I received my retirement orders with my requested retirement date of 31 August. Also my commander gave me 20 days of permissive leave, which I am grateful for. I figured I wouldn't get the full 20 due to our lovely secretary's input on how only people who serve 20 years deserve the full amount. Anyway, I will have to sell some of my leave as I currently have 75 days and I will earn leave by the time my DOS rolls around. I could choose an earlier day to outprocess but it won't give us enough time to schedule a move. We have a little under two weeks, but that's more than enough time to outprocess for everything else.

I called the VA and my claim is still being processed. Apparently I'm eligible for another claim, once I submit that the VA will continue to process everything.

Full Timeline

Dec 9 2020: Notified by PCM they were starting an MEB
13 May 21: Retirement Orders received

I received my retirement orders with my requested retirement date of 31 August. Also my commander gave me 20 days of permissive leave, which I am grateful for. I figured I wouldn't get the full 20 due to our lovely secretary's input on how only people who serve 20 years deserve the full amount. Anyway, I will have to sell some of my leave as I currently have 75 days and I will earn leave by the time my DOS rolls around. I could choose an earlier day to outprocess but it won't give us enough time to schedule a move. We have a little under two weeks, but that's more than enough time to outprocess for everything else.

I called the VA and my claim is still being processed. Apparently I'm eligible for another claim, once I submit that the VA will continue to process everything.
Man that's a pretty good timeline. Congrats, I hope mine goes that fast.

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone has recently been through a IDES case recently?
I finished all of my C&P exams June 8th 2021.
I'm wondering what happens next and when to expect my rating? I have read that they have 45 days to get you a rating if you are a IDES case but there is so much conflicting information. Any words are appreciated!!

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone has recently been through a IDES case recently?
I finished all of my C&P exams June 8th 2021.
I'm wondering what happens next and when to expect my rating? I have read that they have 45 days to get you a rating if you are a IDES case but there is so much conflicting information. Any words are appreciated!!
If you got all of your stuff done through QTC, it does take about 45 days for your NARSUM. for me it was 3 Feb(last C&P) to 17 Mar(NARSUM). QTC won't get your final exam for a week, them it is quality control checked. Then they send to your PEBLO, after which your MEB physician uses the exams and your records to write your NARSUM (about a week). Good luck!

Thank you for the information! I do have a few questions if you don’t mind.
So I finished all of my exams with QTC (Physical, Audio, Mental Health) on June 8th 2021. I talked with the VA and they said QTC send them all of the exam results and my claim is in the que. So how does the NARSUM work? I thought that had already all been done and submitted a while ago? I’m active duty Air Force. So will my PEBLO contact me to sign the NARSUM then my package goes back to the PEB for the final evaluation to get me my rating? Sorry this whole process is so confusing I’m just trying to plan ahead and it’s really hard to do.

If you are in the IDES process, your NARSUM comes after C&P exams. That is where your MEB team recommends if you go back to duty, or get referred to the PEB. You then have a few more steps. Informal PEB, VA ratings, the VA and PEB working together for your DoD ratings. After that you have appeals and/or a Formal PEB, and an Appeal available after that. Then they draft your separation/ retirement orders, then outprocessing leave and separation. 30 days later you should have your benefits.

Yes I am in the IDES process. Thank you so much for all your information. Nobody that’s active duty really knows much about these things when I ask. PEBLO doesn’t say much she always seems irritated when I talk to her. I’m sure she’s busy but still no need to be unhelpful to people going though a huge change. Also judging by your name are you in Oklahoma? That’s where I will be heading back to!

Yes I am in the IDES process. Thank you so much for all your information. Nobody that’s active duty really knows much about these things when I ask. PEBLO doesn’t say much she always seems irritated when I talk to her. I’m sure she’s busy but still no need to be unhelpful to people going though a huge change. Also judging by your name are you in Oklahoma? That’s where I will be heading back to!
Your PEBLO is frustrated because they higher people at low wages and fail to train them to be good at their job. They aren't busy, they are just overwhelmed by their lack of knowledge. Unfortunately there isn't much to do from our position.

Not from OK, just a Broken Soldier.. lol

It’s definitely understandable especially dealing with probably 100+ cases at any given time. I don’t bug her at all instead I go to the internet seeking answers. Thank you for taking time out of your weekend to help me out with your wealth of knowledge!