My MEB was initiated on 28 Nov 2011,
NARSUM signed 30 Nov 2011,
Verified signed by local MTF 5 Dec 2011,
VA Comp and Pensions exam 15 Jan 2012,
Updated NARSUM with VA Findings 28 Jan 2012,
Mailed to AFPC for PEB - 30 Jan 2012,
Recieved by VA 4 April 2012,
Pending Decision Approval VA 10 April 2012,
Notified of Demotion Action Pending from E-4 to E-3 - 12 April 2012.
Today 19 May 2012 - that's where it sits still waiting on the E-4 to E-3 decision from CC and nothing from PEBLO or change in Ebenefits website.

Tomorrow will be a month since the PEB received my ratings from the VA... Total time in the process: almost 5 months. 67 days since being found unfit... Don't know what's going to happen.

Tomorrow will be a month since the PEB received my ratings from the VA... Total time in the process: almost 5 months. 67 days since being found unfit... Don't know what's going to happen.

I hear ya...still waiting...its aggravating but its GOT to drop sometime...keep the faith

I hear ya...still waiting...its aggravating but its GOT to drop sometime...keep the faith

Yup... Sooner or later than damn piece of paper will be in my hand and I will be out the door. Trying to stay positive!

Injured doing routine PT Training 13 Jan 2011
Notified of Demotion Action from E-5 to E-4 18 May 2011
Demotion Appeal denied- Demoted 15 July 2011 - from E-5 to E-4
Surgery 29 Aug 2011
Administrative Separation Notication 27 Nov 2011,
My MEB was initiated on 28 Nov 2011,
NARSUM signed 30 Nov 2011,
Verified signed by local MTF 5 Dec 2011,
VA Comp and Pensions exam 15 Jan 2012,
Updated NARSUM with VA Findings 28 Jan 2012,
Mailed to AFPC for PEB - 30 Jan 2012,
Recieved by VA 4 April 2012,
Pending Decision Approval VA 10 April 2012,
Notified of Demotion Action Pending from E-4 to E-3 - 12 April 2012.
Today 19 May 2012 - that's where it sits still waiting on the E-4 to E-3 decision from CC and nothing from PEBLO or change in Ebenefits website.

How can they demote you if you are injured? Maybe Im just not that familiar Witt the process...

I called the VA yesterday and was faxed my Rating Narrative Summary, which breaks down all of my conditions and the reasoning behind what they gave me...

The document states that, "Findings of the Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) Proceedings, dtaed March 15, 2012, document a diagnosis of right shoulder pain, recommending permanent disability retirement from active duty." My question is if the VA only gave me 10% for my shoulder, but gave me 20% for the nerve causing the problems and 30% for severe headaches from the damaged nerve, could they use those unreferred conditions for a retirement? The damaged nerve was found during the C&P exam and not a claimed condition, but the headaches were a claimed condition but is a reason for all the pain.

If you meant, if DOD could use those unreferred conditions for retirement? Most likely no, as they only rate conditions that were referred by the MEB. Thats the problem I am dealing with and trying to fix.

If you meant, if DOD could use those unreferred conditions for retirement? Most likely no, as they only rate conditions that were referred by the MEB. Thats the problem I am dealing with and trying to fix.

x2. That is why it is so important to ensure that every "boardable" condition is added to your MEB before it goes up. I had 6 listed and the VA rep kicked back 2 saying that they weren't "boardable" conditions. And I think DevilDoc can attest to the a**pain associated with trying to fix the issue post-MEB.

x2. That is why it is so important to ensure that every "boardable" condition is added to your MEB before it goes up. I had 6 listed and the VA rep kicked back 2 saying that they weren't "boardable" conditions. And I think DevilDoc can attest to the a**pain associated with trying to fix the issue post-MEB.
Yes I can, as I am going to DC mid June for my Fomal board to try and add 4 additional conditions.

Yeah, that's what I figured and I'm fine with that. I just would like to get these things and go. I have to be back in Houston to take a physical and drug test for my new job by 22 June and start work by 02 Jul.

With the VA compensation at 80% with a spouse and three kids it's $1814 a month, but when you take out my severance (about $84,000) of %10 or $127 a month, my monthly payment will be $1687. I am totally fine with that coupled with my new position salary at $67,000 annually. Retirement would be nice, but I can accept having to pay for monthly insurance.

Also, what's important to me is that I get somesort of care after the militay and with a 80% rating, I can get care at the VA or my private insurance. So, I'm happy with that.

Also, what's important to me is that I get somesort of care after the militay and with a 80% rating, I can get care at the VA or my private insurance. So, I'm happy with that.

I agree, and continued care/treatment/meds are huge if you have conditions that are persistent or worsening. Money/bills, etc. can be worked/negotiated, but your health cannot.

DONE! Just signed my findings. 10% DOD and 80% VA, I am totally fine with that. My last day, after 9 nine years in will be 30 Jul 2012.

DONE! Just signed my findings. 10% DOD and 80% VA, I am totally fine with that. My last day, after 9 nine years in will be 30 Jul 2012.

So happy you are done! I am STILL WAITING for my findings to come down...this is ridiculous!!! I really thought and hoped by today they would be here...my commander is calling again tomorrow to see what is going on since we were told COB by today....

It sounds like things might be starting to move a bit quicker lately. Good luck to all!

Yay! Congrats :) My timeline is like 3 days after yours so hopefully I'lll hear something NLT next week!!! I'm single with no children so I am not stressing about it as much but it sure sucks to find out your stuff got lost... Can someone say PPI!!!

You will... I think what's taking so long is the mailing time... It says on the paperwork that they received it 19 MAY 2012, but it was snet by the VA on 24 April. God, I feel like a huge bruden was just lifted off my shoulders and in a way, I just won the lottery... Is that bad?

You will... I think what's taking so long is the mailing time... It says on the paperwork that they received it 19 MAY 2012, but it was snet by the VA on 24 April. God, I feel like a huge bruden was just lifted off my shoulders and in a way, I just won the lottery... Is that bad?

That is horrible, you should be ashamed of yourself. Just kidding, maybe you should play the lottery now and see if that comes in as well :) Sure is good to see the rare posting of somebody actually getting through this process in one piece!