My Timeline, to date. Questions.

NAV LDO

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So, as is in my Timeline in my Sig Block I just created, here's where I'm at. I'm seeing people who have dates associated with their eBenefits as to when a decision is expected, though I do not have this information in my eBenefits. When will this information 'pop' into my eBenefits? Will that take place as soon as the Navy deemed my case UNFIT, and thus, if I do not see dates so, should I expect a FIT finding again? I'm wondering because last PEB Pkg I received 'glowing' endorsements from my command about staying in; this time, not so much, so I was wondering if I should read into the fact that this PEB is looking very similar to what my previous PEB case showed in eBenefits with no dates being shown.

If found FIT this go around, I'll likely go to FPEB to appeal, since my conditions are getting progressively worse.

Jun 2015 -- Referred to 1st MEB due to 2nd Consecutive Full PRT Waiver
Sep 2015 -- MEB results in referral to 1st IPEB (R Groin Neuropathy/LBP/Migraines)
30 Sep 2015 -- NARSUM Complete
2 Oct 2015 -- NARSUM Rebuttal Submitted
14 Oct 2015 -- 1st PEB Pkg Sent
Nov 2015 -- eBenefits changes to Pending Decision Approval/Development Letter Sent
14 Dec 2015 -- 1st PEB Results in FIT Finding; No Appeal
Jan 2016 -- 22 Years Active Service Complete
Apr 2016 -- 7 Years Commissioned Service Complete
Jun 2016 -- Referred to 2nd MEB due to 3rd PRT Waiver in 4 Cycles
Jul 2016 -- MEB results in referral to 2nd IPEB (R Groin Neuropathy)
Aug 2016 -- NARSUM Complete
19 Sep 2016 -- 2nd PEB Pkg Sent
Mid-Oct 2016 -- eBenefits changes to Pending Decision Approval/Development Letter Sent

Hello, go to EBenefits, then to open claims, in the table that shows your open claim, click on the date, it should open a list of all the claims submitted to the VA and at the top of the blurb it should have the "Estimated date of completion"... I just submitted my NARSUM on the 17th and mine has the estimated dates.

Hello, go to EBenefits, then to open claims, in the table that shows your open claim, click on the date, it should open a list of all the claims submitted to the VA and at the top of the blurb it should have the "Estimated date of completion"... I just submitted my NARSUM on the 17th and mine has the estimated dates.

Awesome. Thanks for the info I'll update my 'sig' block as well. Mine states 12/22/2016 - 03/23/2017. Thanks again!

no worries, i was trying to find it last week and stumbled over it by accident lol. happy to help!

no worries, i was trying to find it last week and stumbled over it by accident lol. happy to help!

I feel kind of silly, since this is my 2nd PEB and I'm just now noticing these things...LOL! Thanks again. Not sure how accurate it is, but it's good to see end dates if nothing more than to feel like there is sense of closure somewhere in all of this! :oops:

i have been reading every post on this site since April lol. I have noticed that the dates do tend to change during each EBenefits update and if you stay on course then you should be done with everything within the dates originally shown, but the annoying part about the Navy IDES process is we usually take longer and are given the least amount of feedback. Good Luck :)

We are on about the same time line for commission. You commissioned at about your 15 yr mark? I'm currently going through MEB for Migraines.. But think that with my hip issue and not being able to run, I'll be right back in this MEB boat soon. I'm still waiting on my findings for this one, but am only at 18 yr mark. Trying to hit that magic 20.

I remember that time in my service when that 18 yr mark couldn't get here soon enough...now it's that 8 years commissioned service I'm wanting to reach if this becomes an UNFIT finding!

So if I really hope that 20 yr mark and get Med boarded, I can still retire as a Capt right? From what I understand if you're medically retired, you retire at your current rank

That is what I was told by the Navy's personnel office--that if you are medically retired, that means you were involuntarily retired, thus you retire at the rank you hold at that time, and the 10 year requirement for commissioned service no longer applies.

So, I posted this in a different thread I started several months ago on a different page on this forum, but maybe better suited here to get some feedback. I'd appreciate any input, as I've heard nothing since the phone call on Monday:

"OK, all, need a little help here. I'm extremely confused. Yesterday, I received a call from someone in the VA out of the blue, asking if I wanted to claim Tinnitus, because it wasn't on my original claim, but the audiologist who did my hearing test in my C&P Exam said I had Tinnitus, and he wanted to know if I wanted to claim for it, because they wanted to complete/finish my 'claim' that day. He said that my MSC would be in touch with the paperwork, since I couldn't be near a computer yesterday (had several med appts. out of town; wasn't going to be home 'til after business hours)

So I called my MEBLO--no help. Then called my MSC. He said when this happens, it usually means that yes, I've been found UNFIT, and it would be anoyher 2-4 weeks to finish up some paperwork, then I would receive my results.

Well now, today, my e-benefits states "Status Changed-Pending Decision Approval." So I clicked on my date, and my case now says it will not be until "02/25/2017 - 05/22/2017", instead of 12/10/16-3/6/17...WHY would it extend out 3+ months, when it appears they are done now??? Anyone???

ANY input would be greatly appreciated!"

Thanks in advance!

Update: Spoke with my VA MSC today, and he stated I had three conditions that were not originally claimed, and that a form was mailed out yesterday to me for m to fill out, scan, and send back to him OR upload directly to e-benefits. In this case, I want my MSC to have all my paperwork, so I'll opt for option A.

So I asked him, does all this mean that I have been found UNFIT, and he stated yes, I was found UNFIT, but he is not at liberty to inform me of my ratings. So I asked when I could expect that phone call, and he stated anywhere between one to two weeks, up to as late as two to three months.

If anyone here has experienced something similar, I'd greatly appreciate any input you are willing to provide. Thank you!

I'm going to paste a portion of what I posted in response in another thread--saves my typing!

"I called again today to ask about a form I was filling out, but asked the question "I was mailed some items on the 17th, and I received them on Monday, yet my Ratings, that were mailed before them, haven't arrived yet. Can't I get a 2nd copy mailed to me?" to which she replied "What date are you referring to, sir?" And I said, "The 16th, they were mailed a day earlier, yet still have not arrived, and I have no idea why, but can't we call it 'lost' at this point?" to which she replied. "Yep, that's the dte I have as well. Well, I can FAX them to you right now if you'd like." And I said "Oh, yes, thank you so much. Let me get you the FAX number, if you can wait just 2 minutes." To which I requested one of my Sailors walking by to go get the FAX number like, yesterday. So, blah, blah, blah, and YES!! SUCCESS!!

Finally got the answer. The Fax was 10 pages, and on pg 1 it states my uniformed service has found me UNFIT and request a rating from the VA. The next two pages showed my Overall Rating and expected compensation??? 90% Total and about $2K/mo. Wow!! About 40% higher than I thought. The next few pages listed ALL the items rated--I had 3x30%, 2x20%, and 8x10%, then about 10 more at 0% and only one was deemed not service connected. The VA found 3 more items during my exams they asked if I wanted to be rated, which I said yes, of course, and am working that issue now.

Anyway, yes, it's all about who the VA Rep is you speak to. I probably wouldn't call everyday, but after it's been over a week, I'd call and ask something similar to what I asked--can we call this one lost and may I request a re-mail-out of my ratings?? You might get lucky and get one who will FAX it out like I did. So yeah, this is a big deal, kinda, and appeal to their human side. They'd want to know as well. I don't understand all the hullaballoo over letting us know what we were rated by the VA."

So, there it is! 90% VA. Just waiting for the DoD side of the house.