Narrative Summary

Bull

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My husband just received his Narrative Summary and DA 3947. After reviewing his report he found several errors. First of all, when my husband went to his C&P Examination after 4 hours of examinations, tests, and questions,I the computer crashed and most of the information recorded was lost. The computer techs assured the doctor they would be able to find the lost data. It was not found. My husband husband had left as the doctor told him she would write things down from memory and call if she had questions. She called him several times on his 3 hour drive home. How can a report be accurate if the data was lost? My husband found inaccurate information in the Narrative Summary and mentioned it to his representative. The 3947 Diagnoses is :
Degenerative Disc and Joint Disease of Lumbar Spine L4-L5 which occurred while in Theater.
Medically Disqualifying : Degenerative Disc and Joint Disease of Cervical Spine with Sensory Radiculophay , hearing loss, and GERD. Except for the hearing loss all the rest is a result of the injuries occurred in theater. GERD has occurred due to taking to many pain relievers due to pain from the neck, back, leg. My husbands leg, fingers, and arms go numb and tingly from this condition. he is constant pain.

My husband requested an IMR (independent medical review) which he spoke with and the doctor told him there is nothing he could do but just explain the report to my husband but he couldn't make changes. My husband understands the report and it is incorrect. He is now having to appeal and submit extra documentation. Can I testify for my husband. I see and hear what he goes through everyday. I at days feel like I am going to have a nervous breakdown because of how he deals with this pain my son and I can only take so much.

Do these JAG people really know what they are doing. Are they helping us or just going through the process. Do we get an outside lawyer? I want my voice to be heard. My husband gave selflessly of himself for this country. He deserves the same.

HELP, SUGGESTIONS
THANK YOU!

I'm so sorry to hear of your family's difficulties. There is a questionnaire that can be filled out by you. Basically it's a witness statement to show the board how much your husband is suffering. During my fight, I had friends/co-workers write these statements for me.

I did not hire an outside lawyer since my JAG was pretty helpful but the choice is up to you. The biggest lesson I learned during this process is that you are your family's strongest advocate.

Thank you to your husband for his service and thank you for all of your sacrifices. Good luck and take care!

I'm so sorry to hear of your family's difficulties. There is a questionnaire that can be filled out by you. Basically it's a witness statement to show the board how much your husband is suffering. During my fight, I had friends/co-workers write these statements for me.

I did not hire an outside lawyer since my JAG was pretty helpful but the choice is up to you. The biggest lesson I learned during this process is that you are your family's strongest advocate.

Thank you to your husband for his service and thank you for all of your sacrifices. Good luck and take care!

Thank you for your response. I will definitely be submitting a witness statement. Do I submit to MEB or PEB

The witness statements are used during the PEB. The MEB only determines if your husband's conditions do/do not meet retention standards and if he needs to be referred to the IPEB.

While I know this process is extremely frustrating, please do not lose hope. There are appeals at every step of the process. The most important thing is for your family to take care of themselves and not to give up.