Need advice please

KeithB03

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey what's going on everyone, so here is my question/issue and any guidance will be appreciated..

I'm now on day 43 waiting to receive my DA199.. I email my peblo asking what's going on and she always says no update. My commander wrote an mfr requesting if things could be expedited but nothing is moving. Any suggestions on how I can get an answer on why things are taking so long, I've asked my peblo for a number for me to call but she won't give me anything.

My 199 took 46 days. The day I sent a letter to my congressman, I received the 199. The two were not related, I had just hit send on the fax to the congressman when the PEBLO called to tell me it was in. I would say your getting pretty close to the top of the list. (I got mine back last month)

Not knowing is very difficult. Hope you get an answer soon.

I'm now on day 54 waiting for my DA199 and when I email peblo and ask for updates all she says .."no update" I asked for a number I could call to try and figure out what's going on and she just ignores me... does anyone know who I could call to try and get an answer..

I'm right there with you all, day 88 waiting for my DA-199!! I've spoken to my PEBLO, JAG, and OMBUDSMAN. JAG and PEBLO keep saying be patient as system was down earlier this summer and the PEB is extremely backed up. The OMBUDSMAN told me that if I get a job offer letter she can send it to the PEB to be expedited, but she can't do anything else.

Goodness :( Just trying to stay positive and remind myself I have a paycheck and all. Good luck to you all.

Oxman I got the same BS from the people here at ft meade.. so I said alright cool I'm gonna go get a job offer from wal mart and call it a day .. I'm so tired of this

I am an Army officer of 13 active years. I'm currently going to through what I have read as the dual process. I received a GOMAR for adultery. I fully admitted to this and not to make an excuse but it was after I found out that there was a good possibility that my daughter may have been fathered by another man. I had my BOI in Dec '16 and and they recommended I be discharged honorably based mostly on my performance which I had all ACOMS and was promotable. They also took in consideration my mental health and I was beginning my MEB process. Fast forward to May '17 I was found unfit by PEB, my VA ratings came back 100% with 70% PTSD, my CG reviewed both my MEB and BOI recommendation and endorsed my PEB findings and MEB packet. Everything was received by the Sec of the Army on 13 Jun. I'm starting to get concerned because I haven't heard anything and it's making it difficult to lock in future employment with no clear exit date. Any information, insight and direction that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

@oxman @KeithB03 I'm on like day 35ish WITH a job offer. About the only thing keeping me sane is knowing that my future employer already spent the $$ to do three interviews, a background check, drug screening and fingerprinting, so backing out of the offer if I don't make my late October start date is already an expensive undertaking.