NEED HELP PLEASE!!

okay so when starting the meb process i could already tell i have a shady peblo that just wanted to get off work. i asked her if the meb adds unfitting conditions and she told me no they will only look at referred conditions from my pcm. I spoke with my attorney who is no help and gave me the same story. I was referred for osteochondritis dissecans in both knees but also have a slap tear in right shoulder, and sever anxiety with depression. I am currently at the peb stage and wanted to know what conditions the peb will look into and see if there is a way too have all conditions looked at due to individuals not giving proper information. I am at Camp Lejeune if anyone is around that could help.

They gave you the correct info. The PEB only looks at referred conditions to determine if it is unfitting or not. They then send those conditions to the VA for a rating only if you are found UNFIT.
The VA will look at all your conditions you claim, to include your referred conditions and the other stuff you claim.

In the MEB phase, if they find a condition that does not mention retention standards; they will add that condition to your MEB for the PEB to consider. It happened to me I my case.

Once you are referred to the MEB you will meet with a VA REP to go over your entire record and you will list everything. Everything will get submitted but the PEB only looks at referred conditions.

The PEB is required by law to consider all conditions that may be unfitting. During the IDES process you will meet with a MSC (VA rep). At that time you can claim all "contentions." The VA will then evaluate and rate all contentions (0%-100%). In some case two contentions may be combined and others may be renamed.

As for your SLAP tear, that is normally treatable. You should be rated only on the residual effects.

This unfortunately happens a lot. Most people don’t push hard early on during the narsum and MEB phase to get conditions added. I was initially told that my mental health issues weren’t going to be added to my narsum, I advocated for myself and got them to add MDD and anxiety as referred conditions. They added them via what’s called a behavioral health narsum addendum. I made sure to inform my commander that his assessment would need to address my mental health concerns. Luckily all of these steps early on meant that my mental health conditions were included.

This unfortunately happens a lot. Most people don’t push hard early on during the narsum and MEB phase to get conditions added. I was initially told that my mental health issues weren’t going to be added to my narsum, I advocated for myself and got them to add MDD and anxiety as referred conditions. They added them via what’s called a behavioral health narsum addendum. I made sure to inform my commander that his assessment would need to address my mental health concerns. Luckily all of these steps early on meant that my mental health conditions were included.
One thing members often fail to do, is advocate for themselves. I applaud your self efficacy. The whole service before self value gets warped into no self at all by many members.

I’ve already completed all c&p exams and the Meb phase and it’s at the peb so idk if i will be able to add anything that is actually unfitting

I had schedule an appointment with my pcm to add migraines to my unfitting conditions and thats all it took. My peblo went through my narsum and said is there anything i want to add if so schedule an appointment with your pcm

I had schedule an appointment with my pcm to add migraines to my unfitting conditions and thats all it took. My peblo went through my narsum and said is there anything i want to add if so schedule an appointment with your pcm
was that after it went to the PEB?

Pretty sure it was after. They have to review all the documentation with you. Thats what my PEBLO did

Hi there,

This may sound like a silly question, but the migraines were not part of your original MEB initiating illness, correct? Since my injury that has led me to having to go through a MEB as well, I have been dealing with severe migraines (x3-4/week) and have been prescribed medications for them via my PCM. My PCM believes there may be a link between my initial injury and these migraines as the MRI's came back clean, optometry says I am clean - really only person we haven't talked to is neurology at this point. If I can add migraines to my unfitting condition as well, I would be very interested in hearing how I might be able to do that.

If anyone else can help chime in, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you all.