Needing sound IDES OR LDES election advice!

mikeymist23

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello, I just had my first brief with my PEBLO today and tomorrow I talk with my appointed attorney to get some advice. Im looking in this group for some extra sound advice on electing for IDES or LDES.

I was injured from and got an LOD. In Feb 2023 submitted a VA claim that has NOT been settled yet with a disability rating. Because of this injury and have an LOD for one body part. However this LOD injury has caused other issues with other parts of my body and I’ve been given referrals by the MTF to get more care.

Should I risk the back pay, convalescent leave for surgery, I would receive from VA by choosing IDES? Is this a thing? Would I miss out on back pay because I am in the Reserves and have an intent to file date.

Or do LDES and hope for the best with the VA case I submitted in February, but haven’t had any appointments for.

Any idea for someone in the Reserves in this type of situation? What other orders could I read in regards to this?

Thanks for the help!

Hello, I just had my first brief with my PEBLO today and tomorrow I talk with my appointed attorney to get some advice. Im looking in this group for some extra sound advice on electing for IDES or LDES.

I was injured from and got an LOD. In Feb 2023 submitted a VA claim that has NOT been settled yet with a disability rating. Because of this injury and have an LOD for one body part. However this LOD injury has caused other issues with other parts of my body and I’ve been given referrals by the MTF to get more care.

Should I risk the back pay, convalescent leave for surgery, I would receive from VA by choosing IDES? Is this a thing? Would I miss out on back pay because I am in the Reserves and have an intent to file date.

Or do LDES and hope for the best with the VA case I submitted in February, but haven’t had any appointments for.

Any idea for someone in the Reserves in this type of situation? What other orders could I read in regards to this?

Thanks for the help!
Already answered in your other post. I don't think it's an either or situation. I would go IDES and then if the VA gets it wrong on date it starts you can appeal with them later on and then point out the intent to file.