Non Medical...HELP!

What can I do about getting screwed on my NMA, my command was saying I have only been going to treatment for 1 month, but it has been at 2 other commands over 1.5 years total all documented. Also, stated my treatment hasn't been used to full effect, but yet again have been on 4 different meds and several doses with no help. She also doesn't state I cannot handle weapons, deploy, or anything else....should I request mast?

It's like she is saying something totally different then what 3-4 other doctors are saying on my case (this is my SSgt btw) it's really frustrating.

It sounds like you are frustrated, we understand, but in order for us to be more helpfull we will need some more details, I'm not familiar with NMA, or mast.
It also sounds like your current duty location is not considering previous treatment at other medical facilities? This is not normal.
I'm sure once you provide us some more details you'll have spun-up the pros, so hang in there.

WldBlu

Just realized this is in the wrong section, sorry for that..I'm just very upset.

It's my non-medical assessment that the command does along with your PEB package, given that it's over a month over due I have been bugging my SSgt about doing it, well it looks like she did but everything is wrong. She states i've only been doing treatment for a month, which I have been doing treatment for almost 2 years now. Then she goes on to say "PT might be a problem if he cannot control his panic attacks" but I don't even have a problem with PT!!!! To me that is total disrespect for lack of knowledge to my disorder(s). (I have panic disorder, Aniexty Disorder) She doesn't state that I cannot handle weapons, deploy, stand duty, or handle normal military stressors which is all on my limited duty paperwork, and which all are required as a Marine. I always thought all Marines are riflemen first? She doesn't state that I was removed from my previous job because of this condition. Seems like she is trying really hard to screw me over on this one, I already have been threw several doctors they all say the same thing, medical discharge. I had my finial physical and they said "unfit for duty" it just bugs me!

Sorry for my spelling, im thinking 1000 words a minute.

jtothawhat,

How long have you been at your current command? The reason I ask is because it seems your boss (this SSgt) doesn't know everything she needs to know about your treatments. I would suggest one of two things: you either sit down with your SSgt and talk to her while she is redoing your NMA, so she has a complete understanding of your situation, or you get your previous command to do it (if you havent been with you current command too long, and they have more knowledge of your situation). You have to remember that they are not medical professionals, so if they don't understand what is affecting you they will be ignorant to the situation (not necessarilly on purpose) and give information from their point of view. I am also a SSgt in the Marine Corps, and I only report what I know. I would suggest that you communicate with these people first, and if they understand everything and still continue to write false information then we have a problem.

SSgt,

The problem here is..She won't talk to me about it! I have offered to talk to her several times, and even gave her a copy of my MEB board. I've done everything in my power, she didn't even want me to see the write up she did on me. But, I couldn't hold it in any longer and seeing that it was on her desk I looked at it and was in total shock. I was only at my old command for the same amount of time i've been here (3 months) I was discharged from my old "B" bill MOS (Security Forces) due to me not being able to handle a weapon. And...my "boss" is the person in charge of limdu....just my luck

If you have your command's support during the MEB/PEB process it will go much smoother. The NMA is exactly that... your commanders assesment. Not your SSgt's. Your commander may depend on her to provide pertinent information on you, but it shouldn't only be her opinion that is forwarded... especially if the information is inacurate. I would suggest you attempt to talk to her first, and if she doesn't help you, talk to her boss. I would never suggest going over someone's head without giving them the chance to resolve the situation, but it is necessary sometimes. After all, you're just trying to make sure that the information that is provided is true and correct. Their opponion on how your illness affects your carreer is probably not going to change, although I don't believe three months is enough time to give an accurate assesment. Sometimes when people are forced to do something extra (your SSgt with your assesment) they don't react too kindly. Just make sure you are tactfull and mature when you speak to her, and if she doesn't listen take it to the next level. I know this is stressfull to you, but it's difficult to deal with people who can't relate to your problems. I hope this helps.

MARINE 32 is right, you commander should do this not her, defiantly try and talk to her, if no response ask to see your 1stSgt or SgtMaj, they will have done this before and understand what needs to be done, most of the time Marines are brought in by the 1stSgt and interviewed, the standard questions. Then they take it into the boss and briefs them, they add their 2 cents at the bottom and sign it. If this don't work try your Doctor, often the Bn Surgeon (the doctor when you go to sick call, not a corpsman) will have the CO's ear, he/she maybe able to bring this up to the CO, also remember you always have the Request Mast option, that will get attention real quick,
If your NMA went up with a SSGT signature on it, the PEB would probably kick it back.

Problem was resolved, it's my bosses comments with the commanders signature. Kinda of funny how it works, but at least I got to the bottom of it and got a lot of things fixed/changed on it. Just waiting for signature now :rolleyes: