Pdbr timeline.

In May, I finally got an email stating that they had my med records and is sent to adjudication. Not sure how long the process is, I’m thinking a year. Anyone able to give me a bit of a step by step process from this point?
I really cant say for sure how long the process will take, because depending on your case it might be different. I got my email notification that my packet had been sent to the PDBR board for review January of 2018. i heard nothing until i received my white packet from Secretary of the Army with the approved decision on June 26, 2018. it was dated May 15 2018. SO was a month from my receipt. so looking at my time line from submission to the board to decision was about 5 months. This was faster than i expected based on looking at other timelines posted. Either way, its a step closer. frustrating thing is there seems to be no set timeline, only approximates due to the complexity of everyone cases. Hope this helps a bit.

I really cant say for sure how long the process will take, because depending on your case it might be different. I got my email notification that my packet had been sent to the PDBR board for review January of 2018. i heard nothing until i received my white packet from Secretary of the Army with the approved decision on June 26, 2018. it was dated May 15 2018. SO was a month from my receipt. so looking at my time line from submission to the board to decision was about 5 months. This was faster than i expected based on looking at other timelines posted. Either way, its a step closer. frustrating thing is there seems to be no set timeline, only approximates due to the complexity of everyone cases. Hope this helps a bit.
Thanks for the info. Assuming everything went in ur favor, do u already have Tricare? And will u be given any backpay?

Thanks for the info. Assuming everything went in ur favor, do u already have Tricare? And will u be given any backpay?
Not yet only been a week since I got my approval letter. I have only noticed the HRC portal showing my archived status being changed to PDRL

Yea his just give you guys an idea, I submitted my claim in June 2015. In December 2016, I got an email response from the pentagon email address that said”
Sir
The recommendation of the PDBR was forwarded to the Secretary of the Air Force's Designated Decision authority on 12 December 2016. Once a decision has been made in your case, you will be promptly notified. In accordance with DoD Instruction 6040.44, the Secretary must render a final decision within 45 days of receipt of such recommendation and notify covered individuals within 10 days of such decisions.

Unfortunately, we have no control, or method to track the status of your case further once the Air Force receives it. We ask for your continued patience as the Air Force's DDA works to finalize your case.”

They said 45 days. I got my final decision letter on 22 January 2018. 13 months later. It was a change from 20% to 80% and retired. So don’t think for a second that they abide by any rules having to do with timeframe. I assure you, they do not matter.

Yea his just give you guys an idea, I submitted my claim in June 2015. In December 2016, I got an email response from the pentagon email address that said”
Sir
The recommendation of the PDBR was forwarded to the Secretary of the Air Force's Designated Decision authority on 12 December 2016. Once a decision has been made in your case, you will be promptly notified. In accordance with DoD Instruction 6040.44, the Secretary must render a final decision within 45 days of receipt of such recommendation and notify covered individuals within 10 days of such decisions.

Unfortunately, we have no control, or method to track the status of your case further once the Air Force receives it. We ask for your continued patience as the Air Force's DDA works to finalize your case.”

They said 45 days. I got my final decision letter on 22 January 2018. 13 months later. It was a change from 20% to 80% and retired. So don’t think for a second that they abide by any rules having to do with timeframe. I assure you, they do not matter.

Also, yes, I got Tricare, receiving payments for all past medical bills, and receiving retro pay of $258,350.77. I had no VA offset though as the VA rated me 0% service connected.

@JohnnyAirforce, so how long from time you received the white packet to your orders and the rest of hte process. I am seeing onthe Forums that timeline depends on branch to some extent. JUst trying to get a ballpark on how long the process takes from orders to final payout.

@JohnnyAirforce, so how long from time you received the white packet to your orders and the rest of hte process. I am seeing onthe Forums that timeline depends on branch to some extent. JUst trying to get a ballpark on how long the process takes from orders to final payout.

I haven’t received my orders yet. I received my letter the first week of Feb 2018. My timeline will be slightly delayed though due to my SBP briefing being delayed a month. I have done that briefing and on May 22 I received the AF letter directing personnel at Randolph to change my discharge orders and for DFAS to award my pension. That was sent from the board. Even though you get that first approval letter and decision summary, the board still has to direct all of the changes to your records. They won’t do that until they hear your decision on SBP and find out your marital status and divorce agreement. Once they know all of that, they send it to personnel and the orders are changed. I have not gotten new orders, nor a DD215. Seeing others timelines, that seems to be a 2 month process from the time your SBP briefing is completed. Then, it’s sent to DFAS for an audit and payment. That also seems to take 2-3 months. It’s still gonna be a bit if you just got your decision. But if you’re Air Force like I am, be very patient because it takes the longest of all the services. Lazy people. Ugh.
Hope that helps some. I’ll make sure I update my timeline when I get to the next step for you guys.

Wow that’s crazy considering they rushed me through in 60 days out after MEB decision. anyway. I figured the hard part is over but the waiting. And I was Army so I don’t know how fast they are rolling things. Anyway congrats.

Army is fast. You will not the stupid Air Force SBP briefing. You are at least two months faster.

And I keep reading things about a 6 year limitation on retro pay? What is that about? If that’s the case I will fight that to the Supreme Court. They cannot possibly tell me that they are gonna wipe away another 5 years of pension payments for something I had nothing to do with.

When I called HRC last week Mr Al told me I would get retro pay all the way back to my retirement date. I think the disconnect is the CRSC pay is timed back to 2008 or something for the retro CRSC. I was looking back at all my documents and funny how I didn’t catch it back when I got out. I hurt my back in country in Iraq, hence the reason I got med separated. Looking at my separation orders from then it listed the discharge as not combat related, not LOD or even related to being deployed. I have to find my MEB paperwork to see if they listed it as not a combat related/ deployment related injury. I know my PDBR paperwork lost my injury stemmed from an injury during deployment, along with my NARSUM. So I’m thinking it will be a pain to file for CRSC. Even when I got my severance pay dFAS took taxes out. I had to send them my orders and they fixed it when I filed my taxes. The VA recouped my entire VA pay every month for the past 11 odd years. I haven’t received a penny from VA compensation. And I believe OCT 1st I start getting my VA compensation paid to me. Already called them and found out I owe only 1800 left. Either way. Is still screwy

Also, yes, I got Tricare, receiving payments for all past medical bills, and receiving retro pay of $258,350.77. I had no VA offset though as the VA rated me 0% service connected.
That is awesome man! Congratulations! May I ask what condition or conditions they rated you on? Also when did you get out and what was your rank?

its been 6 months since they said they were collecting my medical records. They still don't have it. Is it normal to take so long? They told me beginning of march they received my letter and collecting med records from army and va
It's been 16 months for me, I just hope that the patience will pay off and keep telling myself that the longer it takes the more thorough and accurate the outcome will be.

They have been "collecting" my medical records since Feb 24 of 2017. I have very little hope that it turns out well

found out on Monday that they finally found all y records and my case is moving on

Just an update- I got a response from the PDBR today. They attached my retirement recommendation signed off by the Secretary of the Army. My case was at 17 months. In April it was sent to adjudication, the decision was signed off by the SOTA on 11 July. It states that it will take up to 120 days to receive orders and to be updated in peers. I checked the HRC site and it is still in archived records, called and the worker stated it takes about two to three months once the secretary signs off on the decision from what she has seen. So if you're at the 17 -18 month mark in your case you may be towards the end of the tunnel!

So you got a favorable decision? Congratulations, Call Mr. AL at HRC (703)695-5740 as soon as you can that way you can verify the address he will be sending the orders to. I called him and found out HE had the wrong address. Might cut down on time. he will tell you he has 30-120 days to get you the orders, but I got mine about 2 weeks later. Did you get the official white envelope with a copy of the SOTA decision? Dang just reread your post. SO the PDBR sent you a copy of the SOTA recommendation. you should look to get your first white envelop/packet containing the official copy of the SOTA decision and a copy of the PDBR board report. approximately 30 days after the SOTA signs off. once you get the first WP, call Mr. Al, he cuts the orders, you should get the second packet with the orders, DD215 and an instructional memo on how to proceed. Its vague but it lists some additional numbers to contact, HRC, RSO and DEERS. Keep checking to see if you HRC portal changes to PDRL and uploads your 215 into your documents. either way its good news and should go quicker than the wait for a decision.

So you got a favorable decision? Congratulations, Call Mr. AL at HRC (703)695-5740 as soon as you can that way you can verify the address he will be sending the orders to. I called him and found out HE had the wrong address. Might cut down on time. he will tell you he has 30-120 days to get you the orders, but I got mine about 2 weeks later. Did you get the official white envelope with a copy of the SOTA decision? Dang just reread your post. SO the PDBR sent you a copy of the SOTA recommendation. you should look to get your first white envelop/packet containing the official copy of the SOTA decision and a copy of the PDBR board report. approximately 30 days after the SOTA signs off. once you get the first WP, call Mr. Al, he cuts the orders, you should get the second packet with the orders, DD215 and an instructional memo on how to proceed. Its vague but it lists some additional numbers to contact, HRC, RSO and DEERS. Keep checking to see if you HRC portal changes to PDRL and uploads your 215 into your documents. either way its good news and should go quicker than the wait for a decision.

Thank you! I will give him a call and see what address he has. Mine has changed a few times over the years lol

Well, I got my letter and was denied. Has anyone ever filed a suit in court? The only thing is my PTSD was diagnosed a few years after I got out but it is combat related. Any Suggestions or should I just leave it alone?

Well, I got my letter and was denied. Has anyone ever filed a suit in court? The only thing is my PTSD was diagnosed a few years after I got out but it is combat related. Any Suggestions or should I just leave it alone?

I’m sorry my brother that’s bad news. And from what I understand, there is no appeal process.
“By law, the decision of the secretary (or designee) is final. There are no provisions for appeal or reconsideration by the PDBR. On the other hand, previously denied BCMR/BCNR appeals may be reconsidered when relevant newly discovered evidence (not previously available) is presented.”

Sir

I received an email stating Notification of Completed Action. All the information in the email states PDBR and the
Secretary of the Air Force’s Designated Decision Authority but I was in the Coast Guard. Can you give me any feedback? I appreciate your help.