Question

cbzgul1

Registered Member
first off I would like to thank PEB forum and all its members, you guys are better informed than most people who make a living at assisting soldiers! anyways I just completed my MB/PEB and I am searching for an answer again. if you are a Guard soldier and was MED Chap 61 retired and has a 20 year letter can you receive VA and MED retirement? (background includes 70% DOD, 80% VA, all injuries are combat related, placed on permanent disability list) any input helps

Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC) provides tax-free monthly payments to eligible retired veterans with combat-related injuries. With CRSC you can receive an amount equal to or less than your length of service retirement pay and your VA disability compensation, if the injury is combat-related. https://www.hrc.army.mil/tagd/crsc

Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC) is a form of concurrent receipt which is paid monthly. It restores military retired pay that is offset when a Military Retiree accepts compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for a disability or condition that can be attributed to a combat-related event as defined by the Department of Defense (DoD) program guidance. This allows eligible Retirees to concurrently receive an amount equal to or less than their length of service retirement pay and their VA disability compensation, if the injury is combat-related.
If you have questions about the CRSC claim process or claim form, please refer to the CRSC frequently asked questions (FAQs) section. If you need additional assistance, please call 1-866-281-3254. CRSC service representatives are standing by to assist you Monday through Friday from 8 AM EST to 7 PM EST. In addition, several veterans' service organizations (VSOs) can assist you with your claim, view a list of Veteran Service Organizations. We even have volunteer Ambassadors that are willing to assist you.