questions about the DAV

mabelg89

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello,

What exactly does the DAV do? How do they help? ( I am in the IDES)

Thank You

They are supposedly helpful in dealing with the VA however they didn't do one damn thing for me that was worth anything. I knew EVERYTHING that happened days if not weeks before they got notification. In my opinion they were literally worthless.

DAV can lookup the status of ones claim just like your MSC and PEBLO can, they also are mostly needed by VETS than IDES but they can be very helpful

They also mainly help VETS start their claims, their like a PEBLO for veterans but more hands-on with the VA

for me is a waste of time and money they charge you for been pat of it all VSO, and after that send you mails at you hose asking for more donations$$$ so is a good businesses for them and not for you believe me some send you a stupid magazine whit old information that you can find just in Google or in military.com for example, ( is my opinion ) they are not really any help, if you follow you MSC and PEBLO advices and work your case you are good , be proactive bro.and find a hobby and don't make the mistake of logging in E- BENEFITS AVERY DAY YOU WILL GET CRAZY OK

for me is a waste of time and money they charge you for been pat of it all VSO, and after that send you mails at you hose asking for more donations$$$ so is a good businesses for them and not for you believe me some send you a stupid magazine whit old information that you can find just in Google or in military.com for example, ( is my opinion ) they are not really any help, if you follow you MSC and PEBLO advices and work your case you are good , be proactive bro.and find a hobby and don't make the mistake of logging in E- BENEFITS AVERY DAY YOU WILL GET CRAZY OK

not sure what VSO you went to or received help from but DAV or any VSO charges any VET for their services, now just like this forum you can make a donation, but that would be your choice!

There VERY helpful to most! DAV isnt intended for use of IDES, thats why you have a MSC but they can offer you their services

Sorry you had a bad experience

They also give better info than ebenefits will while your in IDES

Ebenefits is another tool not intended for IDES but if the rater rating your claim updates with notes then yes ebenefits can be a great tool to follow your status

They also give better info than ebenefits will while your in IDES

Ebenefits is another tool not intended for IDES but if the rater rating your claim updates with notes then yes ebenefits can be a great tool to follow your status

While I am sure everyone's results may vary I have to say that they do not give better info than ebenefits and in fact gove almost no help at all. In my case I could almost never get them on the phone and when I could their info would be a week or more out of date fron what I already knew. The DAV in louisiana at least is a piece of trash.

You can use any DAV rep wherever they are located, you don't have to use the one located in Louisiana, also their are others like DAV such ad VFW who can offer help as well! I'm sure many who use this forum can back me up when I say DAV is very much more reliable than ebenefits and 1800#

You can use any DAV rep wherever they are located, you don't have to use the one located in Louisiana, also their are others like DAV such ad VFW who can offer help as well! I'm sure many who use this forum can back me up when I say DAV is very much more reliable than ebenefits and 1800#

Actually this is not true as I found out first hand. The only way to use a different DAV from your local is to first go through the process of filing a complaint against your local DAV which has to be then forwarded to your local DAV for their "excuse" and then you can be helped by a different regional rep. Trust me I went through it. The DAV is a total piece of sh!t

Actually this is not true as I found out first hand. The only way to use a different DAV from your local is to first go through the process of filing a complaint against your local DAV which has to be then forwarded to your local DAV for their "excuse" and then you can be helped by a different regional rep. Trust me I went through it. The DAV is a total piece of sh!t

Myself have used both DAV in Winston-Salem NC, DAV in South Carolina, and also Seattle and didn't have any problem with any of them

Just because you had a bad experience with one rep doesn't mean you should bash the organization as a whole

Good Luck

Myself have used both DAV in Winston-Salem NC, DAV in South Carolina, and also Seattle and didn't have any problem with any of them

Just because you had a bad experience with one rep doesn't mean you should bash the organization as a whole

Good Luck

It does when the organization failed me. Each office I called said my case fell under the new orleans office and they would need me to file a complaint prior to their talking to me. You do not know my situation or experience with the organization as a whole to include their HQ office so don't tell me what I should do thanks.

In any of my comments have I told you what you should do!

Have a nice night!

If in your world me saying you shouldn't bash them is me telling you what should you do the BY ALL MEANS run with it