RED TAPE INSULT FOLLOWS INJURIES -- 02-19-2008 #5

Jason Perry

Founder and Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
For soldiers whose wounds remove them from duty, the bureaucratic maze to payments can take months to navigate. Many say they deserve more respect.

More...

This one makes me even madder than most.

Be aware that there can be snafus with the pay processing. If you can, plan for it and try to put some money aside so there is something to fall back on in case they do "misfile" your paperwork.

I would not say this is common, but it can happen. If you don't get paid when you are supposed to, make sure you take action. Call DFAS immediately if you are unsure. If the problem is not identified, it can delay the processing even longer.

This goes to my earlier posting viz outsourcing. Many finance office functions at posts, camps and stations were contracted under Rumsfeld's watch. Getting an answer from DFAS is a frustrating and time consuming process. And you have to wonder why it takes 60 days for a pay processing change to take effect. In the real world if a person's pay changes it generally is reflected in the next pay statement. Unacceptable indeed. And I thought only the Russian military was in shambles.