Spine ROM's

J. Atkinson

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Can a member get two seperate unfitting conditions for T/L spine ROM and C spine ROM? The way I read the guidance, the C spine is supposed to be rated separately from the T/L spine, just didn't know if that would apply to ROM's. Thanks for the info.

Can a member get two seperate unfitting conditions for T/L spine ROM and C spine ROM? The way I read the guidance, the C spine is supposed to be rated separately from the T/L spine, just didn't know if that would apply to ROM's. Thanks for the info.

Yes they are rated as different parts of the spine. I ended up with 20 for T/L and 20 for C spine. Look in the VASRD at your ROM range and you can find out where your ratings fall.

Thanks for the reply. Can a member get seperate ratings for cervical strain and a c-spine ROM jointly? Or does the IPEB just take the higher of the two ratings for that spinal segment?

You are right; If their is multiple ailments affecting a particular part (mental, spine, cervical, knee) they will select the higher of the ratings for that body part.

It depends on how they rate it. If they rate the spine as DDD, then they may take the higher. Like mine, most of the cases I have seen, they call the neck problem cervical strain. This yields a separate rating for the two parts of the spine. I am being compensated at 20% for DDD, 20% for cervical strain, and 10% for right leg radiculapathy. They all stem from spinal problems and I am getting paid for each.

Joe

It depends on how they rate it. If they rate the spine as DDD, then they may take the higher. Like mine, most of the cases I have seen, they call the neck problem cervical strain. This yields a separate rating for the two parts of the spine. I am being compensated at 20% for DDD, 20% for cervical strain, and 10% for right leg radiculapathy. They all stem from spinal problems and I am getting paid for each.

Joe

Exactly, that is what i attempted to explain. thoracolumbar and cervical spine are different in my head. I got 40% from my thoracolumbar and 20% for my "Cervical Strain" as well.