SSDI ALJ Hearing successful

Update-Continuation # 6

-February 25-ALJ case
-March 9 (12days later), received Favorable decision letter
-March 24 received SSDI backpay
-March 27-received Award letter (normally it's supposed to be before backpay) mine came afterwards
-March 30-add dependents (auxiliary appointment)
-waitng for dependents backpay (approx. 30 days)

2 years?? Wow... Denied once in October, again in March... fired lawyer in October, handled my appeal and... well, they say I can't work but are using conjecture that I will get better... yeah... my body developed antibodies to remicade so I may need surgical intervention which... would put me out of MOST work and I have no degrees or experience to get me into other sedentary work so... SOL... I was recommended a new lawyer and already prepared a dire need letter... losing weight because I am choosing not to eat (hurts after I eat anyway) but my kids come first and 73$ in food stamps... not enough for a family of 4.

Hope you find some relief soon.

You can double check DSHS if your food stamp amount is correct.

February was my dry month. I did not have enough to cover while in held pay status. I could not apply for unemployment benefits due to my pending SSDI case, can't get an earlier appointment for SSI, so DSHS was able to help with food stamps. I have a family of 5, but my amount approved was $715. It was supposedly for every month for the next 12 months. However, when my held pay and my 1st retirement check kicked in, I have to report it to get it cancelled as it served its purpose for FEB and avoid owing anything.

I wouldn't know if food stamp was an option, until I was filing my tax with Turbo tax and they send me a note, based on family size and income to fill out an application.

Below is the calculator I was referring to:

http://foodhelp.wa.gov/bf_benefit_estimator.htm

Last edited:
Yeah... well hopefully they can get me more because... DFAS just raped me. 1500$ as a back owed debt, with charged interest for 6 months, and a penalty bringing a grand total of... 2213$... all because I took advanced sick leave and was told under a disability retirement advanced sick leave was not paid back... they claim I was overpaid in September but... I didn't get a FUCKING pay check for all of JULY THROUGH SEPTEMBER... So, I am royally screwed paying anything next month...

Update-Continuation # 6

-February 25-ALJ case
-March 9 (12days later), received Favorable decision letter
-March 24 received SSDI backpay
-March 27-received Award letter (normally it's supposed to be before backpay) mine came afterwards
-March 30-add dependents (auxiliary appointment)
-waitng for dependents backpay (approx. 30 days)

How long did it take to get your dependents auxiliary appointment?