Still Waiting on rating on va.gov while on terminal

Frankyyy

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello, my initial question is in regards to my rating and if anyone has or is going through this. I recently was medically retired at 40% and am on terminal leave. I took the tricare portion on my retirement mainly for my wife but I took my took the v.a. 100% as far as compensation goes. To back track this was in march and whenever I check on ebenefits and va.gov it still says I have no rating and it wont be completed until september. My question is will my rating not be finalized until june 18th which is my last active date and starting my actual retirement or should I be expecting to wait til september. I signed all my paperwork saying there proposed rating was 100 percent before my exit interview. I tried calling the v.a. but she said no one could help me and I will have to wait til september to get the rating on va.gov

Hello, my initial question is in regards to my rating and if anyone has or is going through this. I recently was medically retired at 40% and am on terminal leave. I took the tricare portion on my retirement mainly for my wife but I took my took the v.a. 100% as far as compensation goes. To back track this was in march and whenever I check on ebenefits and va.gov it still says I have no rating and it wont be completed until september. My question is will my rating not be finalized until june 18th which is my last active date and starting my actual retirement or should I be expecting to wait til september. I signed all my paperwork saying there proposed rating was 100 percent before my exit interview. I tried calling the v.a. but she said no one could help me and I will have to wait til september to get the rating on va.gov
Your first payment of VA compensation (or at least the accrual of it) will the the first day of the month following the month you entered into a retired status.
If in real time (example):
Retired: 4 April
First accrual of VA comp: 1-31 May
First payment of VA comp: 1 June (in this example)

However, the timing might affect the accrual of VA comp. Your retired pay must be reduced by the amount of VA comp. If the DFAS process does not get things done by a certain date, you might be paid retired pay for the first month instead.

Ron

Your first payment of VA compensation (or at least the accrual of it) will the the first day of the month following the month you entered into a retired status.
If in real time (example):
Retired: 4 April
First accrual of VA comp: 1-31 May
First payment of VA comp: 1 June (in this example)

However, the timing might affect the accrual of VA comp. Your retired pay must be reduced by the amount of VA comp. If the DFAS process does not get things done by a certain date, you might be paid retired pay for the first month instead.

Ron

Yea so I declined the air force side retirement of 40 percent disability and signed for the 100 on the v.a side with my pablo officer. I figured I would see it confirmed on ebenefits and va.gov but it still says it's in stage 3 . My last date of active duty is in a few weeks on june 18th

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200522-223815_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200522-223815_Samsung Internet.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20200522-223826_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200522-223826_Samsung Internet.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 35
Re: "Yea so I declined the air force side retirement of 40 percent disability and signed for the 100 on the v.a side with my pablo officer. I figured I would see it confirmed on ebenefits and va.gov but it still says it's in stage 3 . My last date of active duty is in a few weeks on june 18th "

I suspect what you did is agree to accept VA compensation and waive your retired pay dollar for dollar in the amount of VA comp received. In some cases there is retired pay left over that the retiree keeps. Many retirees do not understand that process.

If I am correct, you will receive at least one DFAS RAS each year when there is a COLA increase.

You can look at your VA claim form and I think it is block 26 where you agree to waive the dollar for dollar etc.

Ron