TDRL "Can do" or in MTF eval for PTSD thoughts?

Aeromed evac dinosaur

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Just recvd my TDRL eval notice 12 months after being placed in tdrl...Is there any experience or thoughts on a "can do" vs in person re-eval for ptsd. I have been religiously attending my appointments with VA and on Meds. But I am concerned a chart may not accurately represent a face....does anyone have experience/lessons learned with this process.

following

Just recvd my TDRL eval notice 12 months after being placed in tdrl...Is there any experience or thoughts on a "can do" vs in person re-eval for ptsd. I have been religiously attending my appointments with VA and on Meds. But I am concerned a chart may not accurately represent a face....does anyone have experience/lessons learned with this process.
From an U.S. Army perspective, your forthcoming DoD military TDRL re-evaluation should be a face-to-face medical appointment with a specific mental health medical clinician at least from my experienced history with TDRL evaluations. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

This is the CAN-DO letter i received.

If you selected (DO), initial the following statements and sign:

______ I will submit my requested medical records on or before the 30 day suspense window given to me by
the TDRL section.

______ I acknowledge that failure to submit my necessary medical records on or before the 30 day suspense
window will result in the TDRL section scheduling me an appointment at the nearest military treatment facility
(MTF) that is able to treat me for my disability (ies) and requesting the CAN-DO process is no longer an option,
IAW AFI 36-3212, Chapter 7, para 7.1.1.

______ I acknowledge this will be my ONLY opportunity to elect the CAN-DO process. Any future requests
will be denied without special permission from the TDRL office.

______ I acknowledge my understanding that the IPEB Review board may disapprove my CAN-DO process. If
this should happen, the TDRL section will proceed with scheduling me an appointment at the nearest MTF
capable of treating my disability (ies).

Signature: __________________________________ Date: _________________

B. If you selected (DO NOT), initial the following statement and sign:

______ I understand the TDRL Section at AFPC will schedule my medical appointment with the nearest
military treatment facility providing the medical service to evaluate my disability (ies).

______I acknowledge the most current VA Compensation Rating (current within 12 months) will be used for
adjudication in my TDRL Case.

I did the "Can Do" for my first and only TDRL reeval Oct 2015. Included all my treatment notes from my Physicians and Therapists pertaining to my unfit condition, PTSD.

There is an instruction sheet for your physician on what information shall be included in letter to the PEB.

I was also fortunate to have at that time, a recent VA reeval for PTSD and included the results, rating stayed the same and was Permanent and Total after VA reeval.

I also included my SSDI award letter.

Result PDRL.

It was a painless and the easiest process for me concerning the IDES. Don't hesitate to ask any AF specific questions.

AnAmericanAirman

My opinion is that if the evidence is clear and there are no "red flags" or countervailing points, the "CAN-DO" process is fine. Only issue/problem is that you may not know what the potential issues are.

Best of luck!

Read through your records and see if they reflect your actually status. If the records are largely accurate, I think you would be okay with the Can Do. Best wishes!
Mike

Does the SSDI help a lot with this? I haven't been attending the VA side, but i do have a civilian therapist who writes me up a letter monthly stating our meetings, and i too am on SSDI.

Also, for the can do process, do you have to meet with your doctor (as i haven't been going to the VA), or can you just submit records you have?

I have read the thread to this point and still do not understand what this can do process is. I start TDRL in February and want to make sure I'm on top of things