Time line question

HLHL

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
(Airforce) Signing my 618 soon. How long after that do you think I will get my ratings and unfit/fit decision? I've seen 3 days after that, 2 weeks, and even 3 months.

When I sign for rating, assuming I agree, that starts my two weeks of outprocessing?

When you agree/sign that starts AFPC to begin the process of separating you from the service. About a month after signing, you will be called in by your local personnel folks. At that meeting they will enter you into vOutprocessing, help you pick a last day to work, and last day on AD status, get you approved for PTDY, sale/use leave.....

When you agree/sign that starts AFPC to begin the process of separating you from the service. About a month after signing, you will be called in by your local personnel folks. At that meeting they will enter you into vOutprocessing, help you pick a last day to work, and last day on AD status, get you approved for PTDY, sale/use leave.....
So do I immediately start out proccessing when I sign for ratings Or do I start when I meet with personnel?

I have about 41 days of leave and am just trying to guage around what week or month I'll start terminal leave.

When you meet with personnel. Most AF out processing is done virtually. It took me two days and they were not long days.

As always, it is important to hear from folks what they are actually experiencing vis a vis their timelines.

That said, I have always said (and seen) that individual cases are each unique. Your duty station can impact the processing of your case. Every year, there is a bit of a slowdown starting in late November (due to Thanksgiving), and this builds a slight backlog. This carries over to the Christmas/New Year's/block leave programs out there. An additional wrinkle is COVID-19 issues. There are just so many variables that it is not realistic to rely on any one person's experience as predictive of another person's experience. I have seen trends over time and I have also seen outlying cases (ones that moved much faster or much slower- sometimes due to command emphasis and assistance, sometimes due to just errors- lost paperwork, change of personnel, or for unknown reasons). I have literally seen a case (this was for a General Officer Select Colonel) move through the entire process in 3 weeks. I have also seen cases take many years within the DoD to get processed (this is not including appeals outside of service, where I have dealt with cases that have taken 20 years or more to get a final outcome).

My point is that I encourage anyone who wants to share their recent experiences to do so as a way to share what others might experience. The more recent cases are more indicative of likely current timelines. However, don't bank on what others are experiencing as a guarantee of how your case will go. It's the military and things can change all the time.