Type 1 Diabetic Timeline

mmoore

Registered Member
Early October 2016 I was diagnosed with diabetes at a physical for Ranger School. Two weeks later my doctor ran more labs and told me that I had Type 1 diabetes. Overall the process is slow, but it is fair. A word of advice to any diabetics is that your doctors comments are pivotal in the way the VA access how to rate you for diabetes. Today I got my preliminary ratings from the VA. They rated me at 50% 40% of my rating was due to my diabetes. Hope this helps.

My timeline so far:

Referral: 01 DEC 16
VA Claims: 07 DEC 16
Medical Exam: 04 JAN 17
Medical Evaluation Board: 25 JAN 17
Informal PEB: 22 FEB 17
VA Rating: 09 MAR 17
PEB Findings: Waiting to hear back

Hi new to the forum and T1D. So they classified you as unfit for the type 1 right? diagnosed on 17Apr17 with insulin injection and possible pump. Still waiting to see the endocrinologist which is for the P3 profile......right?

Hi new to the forum and T1D. So they classified you as unfit for the type 1 right? diagnosed on 17Apr17 with insulin injection and possible pump. Still waiting to see the endocrinologist which is for the P3 profile......right?
Have you had any progression with the process? I have just finished the MEDBOARD because of type 1.

Any chance of an update on this one? I am T1D, and have not received my rating yet, but have been informed that I was found unfit by the IPEB. Hoping to appeal or COAD to stay in, but also really hoping not to have <30%. Unfortunately, my T1D is non-complicated and well maintained, and it is the only condition that the MEB found as not meeting retention standards.