Unfitting Conditions?

smiller461

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good afternoon all, I am pretty new to the forum and have been reading a lot here. But needed some advice from the "pros" on the forum. I know you guys can not give me 100% correct answers but personal experience will help ease my anxiety some. The "barracks Lawyers" all have different opinions. So here goes.

I am being referred to the board for three conditions, all for the same leg. But also have migraines that I have been diagnosed with and well documented in my medical record. I have tried multiple daily medicine, and abortive medicines with no help so far but continue to try new things. In my NMA my command touches briefly about how the migraines affect my ability to work. But since I wasn't referred to the board for them, my NARSUM doesn't mention anything about Migraines. My Nureo won't write an addendum, since we have tried everything possible to resolve them as of yet.

My question is, if the NMA mentions them but the NARSUM does not is there still a chance the the IPEB will find the Migraines unfitting? or will they not even consider looking at them since the NARSUM does not mention them?

My NARSUM didn't mention everything I claimed with the VA, but the PEB still considered everything I claimed with the VA when coming to a decision.

When you meet with the VA, you claim ALL conditions! The IPEB is required to consider all your conditions. That does not always happen. You can appeal to the FPEB.

Get to know your service regulations on unfitting conditions. See the resource section of this website for your service regulations on unfitting conditions.

Good afternoon all, I am pretty new to the forum and have been reading a lot here. But needed some advice from the "pros" on the forum. I know you guys can not give me 100% correct answers but personal experience will help ease my anxiety some. The "barracks Lawyers" all have different opinions. So here goes.

I am being referred to the board for three conditions, all for the same leg. But also have migraines that I have been diagnosed with and well documented in my medical record. I have tried multiple daily medicine, and abortive medicines with no help so far but continue to try new things. In my NMA my command touches briefly about how the migraines affect my ability to work. But since I wasn't referred to the board for them, my NARSUM doesn't mention anything about Migraines. My Nureo won't write an addendum, since we have tried everything possible to resolve them as of yet.

My question is, if the NMA mentions them but the NARSUM does not is there still a chance the the IPEB will find the Migraines unfitting? or will they not even consider looking at them since the NARSUM does not mention them?

Your issue sounds nearly identical to the issue I had early on in my MEB. The good news is that I was able to get a condition added to my NARSUM before it was sent to the IPEB. I had to request an Impartial Review and then I had to rebut the reviewer's findings. If you PM me later I will give you more details if you want. I am holding a newborn and am typing like a snail at the moment lol.

Take care.

Just recieved my NARSUM and just like we talked about it only has the cervical condition as unfitting. I would be very interested to know how you went about adding a condition and roughly how much time does it add to the process. Good luck with the newborn, my youngest is teething and hasn't let anyone sleep thus week.

Just recieved my NARSUM and just like we talked about it only has the cervical condition as unfitting. I would be very interested to know how you went about adding a condition and roughly how much time does it add to the process. Good luck with the newborn, my youngest is teething and hasn't let anyone sleep thus week.

Alright I answered the first half of this in a PM I sent you.

The impartial review process along with my rebuttal added an extra month onto my MEB. It normally isn't supposed to take this long, but doctors get busy or are lazy so they get extra time.

Also, our newborn doesn't let us sleep at night either. She has her days and nights flipped, which has led to us staying up all night. We are working on getting this flipped back this week.