Update..really need some advice.

michigan0782

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Well went to a second nuerologist and despite having an MRI that reads I have "Bulging L4,L5,L5 S1 with spurring and impringement on thecal sac. T12/S1 disk degeneration." She said that my back wasn't that bad and shouldnt be causing me the pain that it does. Im not sure how she can make that assumption. She is not the one feeling the pain. I then proceed to tell her about all my other symptoms. She does a physical examination. During the exam i was sitting on the patients table. I cant lift my knees up when sitting down. Yet she says my physical exam was "normal" She reffered me to get a brain mri, c spine mri and a t spine mri.

Then says "if those come back normal, maybe you should get seen for PTSD or stress. I think that maybe PTSD or stress from your 5 deployments could be causing some of these physical symptoms."

This is starting to really weight me down. Three doctors are all at a loss as to what is going on. One dr says i have DDD. The other says "its not that bad" No one knows what is cauing my pain and symptoms and a few have made the assumption of "stress" It is starting to make me feel like im crazy. Like it is all in MY HEAD. Even though i know it is not. I can barley walk most days. Some days it feels like my lower back is on fire. I always have pain in the lower left part of my back. Constant throbbing around my sciatica. Walk with a limp. Not to mention the dizziness when it is hot outside. Constant fatique.

Has anyone else had this type of luck with doctors? Is this normal for all these docs to be totally clueless as to what is going on and then try and say it is "stress" or "PTSD" I know have some issues with my two iraq deployments. One of which i was attached to the army with my bomb sniffing dog but can PTSD really manifest itself to causing actual physical pain?

Symtpoms:
1. Bulging L4,L5,L5 S1 with spurring and impringement on thecal sac. T12/S1 disk degeneration
2. Constant blood in stool for over a year. Sometimes it colors the water red and the waste paper is covered in blood (sorry to be gross)
3. Constant throbbing on the left side of my back.
4. I walk with a limp due to my left leg being weak and the pain of the throbbing. The more i walk the more my left foot goes numb and my leg goes to "jello"
5. When it is hot out I get headaches, followed by dizziness. On three occasions (while driving) i got hot flashes, vision went blurry and breathing skyrocketed, all simultaneously. After pulling off the side of the road my vision comes back and breathing goes down to normal levels but the dizziness continues for a few hours after getting back into cooler enviornment.
6. When i sneeze it is extremley painful. Feels like my disc in the middle of my back is going to pop out and if standing i usually go to the ground.
7. When sitting down I cant lift my knees off of the floor. I just stare at my legs and it feels as if im just paralyzed because nothing happens when i try and lift them. Its actually pretty damn freaky.
8. Inflammation in my blood and high liver enzymes
9. Getting out of bed is extremley painful and getting ready fo rwork in the morning takes forever because of the stiffness and pain

I had a blood test done about a month ago. The blood test results came back with inflammation and high level of enzymes in the liver. Ive told the doctors that there has been blood in my stool for over a year and they brush it off with "maybe an internal hemrhoid"