VA backpay, where's the rating?

FloridaInjuredInCombat

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Without any notice and much to my surprise some VA funds arrived via direct deposit to my bank account. My claim was started summer of 2013, so if it's back pay, it's not anywhere near what it should be.

Other than waiting for some kind of notice in the mail from the VA, where/how can I find out what they rated me at? (assuming that ratings are what led to the pay hitting)

I logged onto the VA eHealthcare, but it didn't have anything that I was able to locate regarding rating or pay.

I also called the local VA Rep but she's hasn't returned the call yet.

Also, in others experience, how soon after the VA paying some funds does the PEB rating come back as well?

I can't speak for the VA, but the same thing happened to me with SSDI. Waited and waited, was told it would come eventually and then it just appeared in the bank account. Happened again with the family adjustment and it came weeks before we thought it would or had any paperwork to support the increase. I think the departments are just working as fast as possible to reduce backlog and are not waiting on filing paperwork.

To view your total rating percentage go to enenefits. Under VA letters generate a va benefits summary. That letter will show you your percentage.

Also, if you are using your GI Bill that deposit could be a book/living allowance.