VA Pay Question!

Sicotic

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
VA just recently finished my claims. I was getting retirement at a rate of 948.00. I got the letter that explained eveyrthing and how the transition will work. On Oct 1st I only received 896.00 from VA. It is the offset of my 1844 in full compensation. I was told DFAS was suppose to finish my last month of retirement pay, because the time of month it was finished. Well I got nothing, they said VA sent them a form stating they have paid me 1844. I call the VA and they say DFAS should have paid you that amount. I have been trying to figure out where mt money went. I received back for july and August. I was never paid for full amount for Sept. What do I do? I really need this money I was promised. VA and DFAS are just pointing fingers at each other! Any help I would appreciate it!

Same thing happened to me, I was back paid the VA benefit for the prior 2 1/2 months then paid the retirement pay in March. In May my VA benefit kicked in with the back pay of benefit for 1/2 month and April.

I didn't freak out about it, the only thing that it did was screw me on an extra month's taxes.

Did u ever get the other half?

Yes I received it in May 1... First payment was received 1/2 on March 15th with the Jan and Feb backpay, then May 1st I received the last half of March minus what the retirement pay and April's pay.

VA just recently finished my claims. I was getting retirement at a rate of 948.00. I got the letter that explained eveyrthing and how the transition will work. On Oct 1st I only received 896.00 from VA. It is the offset of my 1844 in full compensation. I was told DFAS was suppose to finish my last month of retirement pay, because the time of month it was finished. Well I got nothing, they said VA sent them a form stating they have paid me 1844. I call the VA and they say DFAS should have paid you that amount. I have been trying to figure out where mt money went. I received back for july and August. I was never paid for full amount for Sept. What do I do? I really need this money I was promised. VA and DFAS are just pointing fingers at each other! Any help I would appreciate it!
Did you get a retirement statement from DFAS for the month of September? If they got the VA waiver before Sept pay was processed they should've sent your a retirement pay statement showing that you have a VA waiver and that you new pay is 0$ ( because VA pay is higher)

Did you get a retirement statement from DFAS for the month of September? If they got the VA waiver before Sept pay was processed they should've sent your a retirement pay statement showing that you have a VA waiver and that you new pay is 0$ ( because VA pay is higher)
yes I got an LES stating this. What is the issue? Why haven't received my pay?

yes I got an LES stating this. What is the issue? Why haven't received my pay?
Then its the VA that owes you that offset amount that the VA thinks DFAS paid, if i was you i would contact the VA and let the know that DFAS received VA waiver prior to processing the payment for September and that you have the pay statement to prove it

Checked my ebennies and it says claimed received and it is retire pay. It says estimate completion date is 01-01-14 to 05-01-14.. I dont understand this, why would it take that long?

Checked my ebennies and it says claimed received and it is retire pay. It says estimate completion date is 01-01-14 to 05-01-14.. I dont understand this, why would it take that long?
They must be doing an audit, I've seen where that can take some time

nothing going as planned.

Due to the government shutdown (and the pending one in a few months), the VA had to enter a date far out since they had no idea when they'd get back to work. Just keep an eye on e-bennies since the VA processes paperwork in order of date they received it.

Due to the government shutdown (and the pending one in a few months), the VA had to enter a date far out since they had no idea when they'd get back to work. Just keep an eye on e-bennies since the VA processes paperwork in order of date they received it.

Doubt that's the reason why, from searching other Veteran forums if an audit is being completed it can possible take that much time to completed

Even with the government shutdown claims were still being rated, overtime hours only was cut