VA rating done timeline for findings?

jmgillen

PEB Forum Regular Member
My VA ratings were completed a few weeks ago and sent to the PEB. Anyone know a way I can check to make sure the PEB got them. Also any idea how long it will be until my findings come in? My Peblo has not been very helpful and has avoided answering these questions directly. He responds with "it varies on what the VA sends" and various other excuses.

Hey jmgillan. I'm in the same boat as you. The VA was done with my ratibgs on may 29. I got a message on MOL on June 6 that said " your medical case has been accepted by the peb for action" ... Still haven't heard shit. Where are you stationed at? I'm at Pendleton.

Hey I am in the same boat, I am really hoping this goes quickly. I just want to concur regardless of the findings and make it home in time to attend school. I have heard 1-2 months, my stuff is at fort lewis peb...kind of worried because my peblo is worthless.

Hey I am in the same boat, I am really hoping this goes quickly. I just want to concur regardless of the findings and make it home in time to attend school. I have heard 1-2 months, my stuff is at fort lewis peb...kind of worried because my peblo is worthless.

The PEB here at Lewis is back-logged like crazy, I try and contact a PEBLO here every few weeks since there are 2 known PEBLO's that are not on this tasking... To no avail still can't get any info...

I recently had a case at the Ft. Lewis (JBLM) PEB that moved as follows:

The rough timeline was Nov 2011 for MEB, mid Apr 2012 for Informal PEB and Formal 6 Jul 2012. Looks like about 2.5 months or so for my most recent case.

However, all of these posts on timelines, while I think are helpful for seeing trends, don't really matter in individual cases. I have seen individual cases move (much) faster or slower. There are so many factors that come into play (complexity of case, issues appealed- and at which level, holidays, additional evidence submitted, tests requested, and other factors) that is hard to judge how any one case might move.

From the time the VA was done with my hubby's case to the time he signed off on his findings, was about 3 weeks I believe.. But about a week and a half of that time it was just sitting on a desk back here at jblm done and ready for him to sign.. Just no one had the "Time" to let him sign it lol.

Thanks for the replys, I suppose I'm getting impatient. Tomorrow will be a month since the VA sent my proposed ratings to the PEB. Any ideas how to get this process going or figure out if my package is lost? That is my real concern that It may be lost somewhere. I'll call my PEBLO tomorrow and post what he tells me. Bman I'm also on Pendleton.

Hey jmgillan. I'm in the same boat as you. The VA was done with my ratibgs on may 29. I got a message on MOL on June 6 that said " your medical case has been accepted by the peb for action" ... Still haven't heard shit. Where are you stationed at? I'm at Pendleton.

Bman, I have two messages in MOL:

27 Jun 2012 @ 0119 Your medical board case has been accepted by the PEB for action.
04 Jun 2012 @ 0133 Your medical board case has been referred to the PEB for action.

I'm not sure what to make of this. All that I know at this point is that my PEBLO told me I was found UNFIT and my case has been sent to the VA.

Im an active duty Sgt, with 1 unfitting condition (ankle). My ratings were completed and sent from the VA to the PEB April 18. I had an MOL message on June 11 saying my case was accepted by the PEB for action. Other than that I have heard literally nothing. I bug my PEBLO once a week but her only update is "They're working on it". It may move faster for you, but dont get your hopes up.

I also have only one unfitting condition the right ankle. It's crazy that I was found unfit and my ratings completed in 30 days. It has been a month since the PEB got my proposed ratings and still no word.

Haha mine's also the right ankle. My case was sent to the PEB March 15, PEB sent package to VA April 3rd, and ratings were completed 2 weeks later.

Just got an update from the peblo... for once. Ratings were received by the PEB and are now at the DRAS... any idea what this means?

check on ebenefits. My ratings took almost exactly a month from the time my ratings got to the peb until I got my 199.

Im assuming the mol message saying my case was accepted was a hint that they received the ratings from the VA? Because I received the proposed ratings by mail at my house 2 months ago. Ill quit asking questions now because i feel like I highjacked this thread... sorry.

Well everyone I got the call today, 10% DOD 50% VA. I haven't seen the VA proposal but I may appeal once I get out. Anyone have any advice for appeals once I am out. I don't want to stick around any longer which is why I won't be requesting a reconsideration while I'm still in.

Looks like you beat me, nice. When did you get the mol msg saying your case was accepted?

Im in 29 palms and can confirm that i recieved an MOL message on the 6th of June. That being said, i havent heard anything yet from the PEB. From what the PEBLO told me they have now had power for about a week now due to the storms etc. (that may or may not be true) I am waiting for the decision anyday, 8 months and going strong.

Does any one knows how long until they give me a new EAS, my PEB package made it back to HQMC and I'm getting medically retired. I signed it last month then I had 28 days of leave now I have 30.5, I've been calling HQMC but they are getting sick of talking to me. They don't understand, if it was them they would want to know.