What can i do? This is taking far too long

Jc12345

Registered Member
So I started my whole process back in march of this year. My packetwas sent out july 20th. And i was found unfit Aug 29th.

Now unfortunately this is where everything has completely slowed down. The VA finished my rating Oct 19th and sent it back to the PEB. After about a month of me bugging my PEBLO who happens to be a complete A-Hole. I took it upon myself to start making phone calls trying to get answers. I called the customer service desk for the PEB in DC. They had told me that they onlt got part of my paperwork. On Nov 24th they recieved they final stuff the needed and QA'ed it and sent it off on the Nov 27th.

After I found this out I called my PEBLO to figure out how long from there. And he said 3 weeks. I have another PEBLO telling me a month. JUST TO FIND OUT MY FINDINGS. this is becoming very frustrating. I have already accepted offers for jobs, need to get my kids enrolled in new schools, and move. At this rate I am going to be stuck in the holiday mess.

Is there anything I can do? I have been able to do all my own investigating and no one seems to want to help. I am the only one who actually cares what is going on and they are just collecting a paycheck. Please let me know if there is someone to call or something i can do. This whole process is only making my conditions worse.

Unfortunately, there is little to be done. The service and the VA both have slow processes. You have pressed about as hard as anyone can.

Its pretty bad going through this whole process. Then seeing tons of people who have submitted their packages months after me getting their findings back already

Some claims are more complicated. Additionally, all claims are reviewed. If a claim is sent back by a reviewer, the claim takes longer. Being sent back, can result in either a higher or lower claim. So it is all about due diligence. Back before the the new IDES claims, some were so fast members got hosed. The current system still has problems, but it is a great improvement!

True my stuff was pretty cut and dry. There wasnt anything sent back. And there was no need to request more info. Im hoping that its over 30% DOD taking this long.

I know exactly how you feel. At least the VA has even finished your ratings. My package was sent out Aug 14th and found unfit sent to the VA on Oct 5th and they have had it ever since. I keep getting the same generic answers from the VA and my peblo so I have no clue why it’s taking sooo long. I know how bad it sucks getting on here and seeing people sent after you by months signing findings this week cause that’s exaclty how I feel every time I get on here. I hope we both get some movement in our cases soon!