What to submit any pointers???

Cplturpin82

Registered Member
Hello I submitted my CRSC package in 2014 and I only sent 8 pages didn’t even submit dd214 cause I didn’t know what to send. Fast forward till now.. I want mentally able to resubmit it but now in an inpatient ptsd program. I’ve printed off med records,dd214,peb findings,tdrl and PDRL orders. I was retired due to ulcerative colitis so peb marked it as not combat related which is correct. However my ptsd,tintitis,and shoulder are. My psychiatric addendum that my doctor wrote for the PEB said it was combat related also my evaluation by QTC states exactly what what the event was in the stressor was it says the unit what year it was and what happened. My tinnitus states that it was due to gunfire and also aircraft staying by the flightline. I’ve made this small task into a mountain it seems I will mentally wasn’t able to do it and for some reason I think I’ll get rejected but I really don’t think I will if that makes any sense. I’m just looking to see what I should do to best submit this. I was going to write a letter stating the who what when where and how of the PTSD and then also stating about the tinnitus kind of putting in quotations what the doctor had wrote explaining it better and maybe even put in like what page number the more important stuff is on maybe? Any help would be appreciated like I said I’m in this program now and doing so much better it’s amazing and this is one thing that I wanted to take care of while I was here. just submitting it is going to be such an amazing day because for the past seven years I wasn’t able to. thank you

Hello @Cplturpin82

One of the most important parts of a CRSC application is the VA Award Letter (usually received in the mail, at least for regular retirees). That letter with the discussion about what was approved is more than four pages itself. CRSC replaces some of all of retired pay waived/lost/reduced due to receipt of VA comp. You did not mention VA approved disabilities in your narrative above.

Each service has instructions of how to submit CRSC applications (including necessary documents). They are included in the links within the following:
A Supplement to CRSC Information <---LINK

Your reconsideration application should start of a Form 12 if I remember correctly. Additional pages can be submitted. You should address each areas that was discussed as being the reason the first application was denied.

There are no magic words or format for a successful application. Just submit all the required documentation plus other info you think is relevant.
The proof submitted is what will result in CRSC being approved. Hopefully, you have a recent diagnosis of PTSD from a doctor .

Ron

Last edited:
Hello I submitted my CRSC package in 2014 and I only sent 8 pages didn’t even submit dd214 cause I didn’t know what to send. Fast forward till now.. I want mentally able to resubmit it but now in an inpatient ptsd program. I’ve printed off med records,dd214,peb findings,tdrl and PDRL orders. I was retired due to ulcerative colitis so peb marked it as not combat related which is correct. However my ptsd,tintitis,and shoulder are. My psychiatric addendum that my doctor wrote for the PEB said it was combat related also my evaluation by QTC states exactly what what the event was in the stressor was it says the unit what year it was and what happened. My tinnitus states that it was due to gunfire and also aircraft staying by the flightline. I’ve made this small task into a mountain it seems I will mentally wasn’t able to do it and for some reason I think I’ll get rejected but I really don’t think I will if that makes any sense. I’m just looking to see what I should do to best submit this. I was going to write a letter stating the who what when where and how of the PTSD and then also stating about the tinnitus kind of putting in quotations what the doctor had wrote explaining it better and maybe even put in like what page number the more important stuff is on maybe? Any help would be appreciated like I said I’m in this program now and doing so much better it’s amazing and this is one thing that I wanted to take care of while I was here. just submitting it is going to be such an amazing day because for the past seven years I wasn’t able to. thank you
This is a post from a little over a year ago I out together., Maybe this will help you. Keep it short, if possible and simple. I look at it like this, help them help you. Good clean straight forward packet.
These are the items I sent in my packet

DD214
SFC PROMOTION ORDERS
DA FORM 638 COMBAT ACTION
DA FORM 638 EOT AWARD
CIB ORDERS
MEDICAL REPORT IN THREATER 2010
MEDICAL REPORT POST SUGERY 2018
DA FORM 199
VA AWARDS LETTER
VA AWARDS PACKET

I highlight all important information such as:

o bullets in my awards related to enemy engagements
o CIB orders number
o medical report information
o DA form 199 V codes and summary
o promotion orders number

I also stapled or paper clipped like items together.

I created a cover sheet including all the evidance and items in my packets to include both DD FORM 2860

I mailed the packet to the address provided on the Army hrc website for CRSC.
ALSO I REQUESTED A RETURN GREEN SLIP THAT THEY HAD TO SIGN UPON RECIEVING MY PACKET.

I hope this will help others complete a good clean packet that makes it easy for the rating offical to make a decision. Help them help you.

Timeline as follows
2019 MAY 28---- midically retired
2019 AUG 30----mailed CRSC packet
2019 SEP 5-------USPS return green slip received
2019 SEP 11---- called army hrc and they are processing packet and said could take up to 7 months.
2019 SEP 19----recieved letter in the mail from hrc stated they recieved packet and it could take up to 7 months.
2019 0CT 1----logged onto my Army HRC portal to check if any new items have been uploaded and see my approval later has been completed and approved for 70%

2019 OCT 1 approved

Hello @Cplturpin82

One of the most important parts of a CRSC application is the VA Award Letter (usually received in the mail, at least for regular retirees). That letter with the discussion about what was approved is more than four pages itself. CRSC replaces some of all of retired pay waived/lost/reduced due to receipt of VA comp. You did not mention VA approved disabilities in your narrative above.

Each service has instructions of how to submit CRSC applications (including necessary documents). They are included in the links within the following:
A Supplement to CRSC Information <---LINK

Your reconsideration application should start of a Form 12 if I remember correctly. Additional pages can be submitted. You should address each areas that was discussed as being the reason the first application was denied.

There are no magic words or format for a successful application. Just submit all the required documentation plus other info you think is relevant.
The proof submitted is what will result in CRSC being approved. Hopefully, you have a recent diagnosis of PTSD from a doctor .

Ron
I do have a recent diagnosis. What combat code is ptsd? Armed conflict?

This is a post from a little over a year ago I out together., Maybe this will help you. Keep it short, if possible and simple. I look at it like this, help them help you. Good clean straight forward packet.
These are the items I sent in my packet

DD214
SFC PROMOTION ORDERS
DA FORM 638 COMBAT ACTION
DA FORM 638 EOT AWARD
CIB ORDERS
MEDICAL REPORT IN THREATER 2010
MEDICAL REPORT POST SUGERY 2018
DA FORM 199
VA AWARDS LETTER
VA AWARDS PACKET

I highlight all important information such as:

o bullets in my awards related to enemy engagements
o CIB orders number
o medical report information
o DA form 199 V codes and summary
o promotion orders number

I also stapled or paper clipped like items together.

I created a cover sheet including all the evidance and items in my packets to include both DD FORM 2860

I mailed the packet to the address provided on the Army hrc website for CRSC.
ALSO I REQUESTED A RETURN GREEN SLIP THAT THEY HAD TO SIGN UPON RECIEVING MY PACKET.

I hope this will help others complete a good clean packet that makes it easy for the rating offical to make a decision. Help them help you.

Timeline as follows
2019 MAY 28---- midically retired
2019 AUG 30----mailed CRSC packet
2019 SEP 5-------USPS return green slip received
2019 SEP 11---- called army hrc and they are processing packet and said could take up to 7 months.
2019 SEP 19----recieved letter in the mail from hrc stated they recieved packet and it could take up to 7 months.
2019 0CT 1----logged onto my Army HRC portal to check if any new items have been uploaded and see my approval later has been completed and approved for 70%

2019 OCT 1 approved
Thank you! This helps me out to know what I need to send. Plus I’ll highlight and break it down Barney style. I figure the more work I do to make it simple stupid will help me.

I do have a recent diagnosis. What combat code is ptsd? Armed conflict?
If you are speaking of the categories, they are the following:

Training that Simulates War​

To be considered combat-related under simulated war, your disability must have happened while you were on active duty during training that simulated war. This includes such activities as weapons practice, hand-to-hand combat training, war games, and more. Your injury must directly result from these activities. Training that simulates war does not include routine physical training exercises.

Hazardous Duty​

Hazardous duty means activities such as diving, parachuting, or flying. You have to be able to show that your injury occurred while you were involved in the hazardous activity. Unlike service-connected disability, it will not be enough to show the disability arose just while you were on active duty. In other words, injuries that did not arise directly from your engagement in the hazardous activity (for example, a car accident while on your way to the airfield) will not qualify as combat-related.

Instrument of War​

Your disability didn't have to happen during an active period of war if it arose from directly from an "instrumentality of war." An instrumentality of war includes equipment used for military purposes. Qualifying disabilities would include an accident in a military vehicle, an injury caused by a weapon, or an illness caused by chemical materials. The "instrumentality" must have been in use by the military and intended for military use at the time of the injury to qualify as combat-related.

Armed Conflict​

Your disability is combat-related if it was caused by armed conflict while you were engaged in armed conflict. It isn't enough if your disability was caused while you were serving during a period of war or near armed conflict. You must be able to specifically show that your injury or illness was directly caused by your involvement in the armed conflict.

In addition to being actively engaged in combat, armed conflict includes an occupation, raid, or other action against a hostile nation. Likewise it includes being a POW or being detained by the enemy.

============
You would annotate the category from which your disability occurred. I suspect it was from "Armed Conflict."

Ron