Where am I in the process

Well see it’s my RIGHT to speak up and if it slows it down, that’s fine, the people after me will hopefully get the correct timelines that is outlined in the SECNAV Policy. The system is broken because of people like you in the past that never spoke up “Chapz”. But I’m not on here to argue. So in true leadership fashion, I’m not thinking of myself, I’m thinking about those that will be going through the process after me for the system to be revamped and fixed.

@Broken1345 Et al., the thing is you all have never been through this process to its completion. I get it. You're motivated to "fix" the system. You act like you are the first people to be screwed over by Navy medicine for years only to get the unfit memo and it take months longer than "promised" to get your retirement/severance.

Post and rant all you want. The reason you are getting no responses on here other than your fellow timeliners is because everyone here has heard the story a thousand times. Every new cycle of people are champions of the cause of fixing a broken system because they can't stand to wait 45 days instead of 30, 120 days instead of 90, and on and on.

The point of all my posts boil down to this advice, take it or leave it: keep your head down, don't make any noise, do the bare minimum to keep your command off your back and stay out of trouble, and wait for a phone call. That's it.

Nothing outside of that will do anything. Your motivated Congressman can't do anything, your command can't do anything, your wife/husband can't do anything (believe me, they've tried), your PEBLO can't do anything (you should know that by now), calling the VA won't do anything.

"Embrace the suck" and enjoy the rest of your time in. No matter how you feel now, you will miss it one day.

Well in other news.
Update for my timeline the peb sent my file to the va Friday. So now I'm in a different waiting game.

That's great news! Hopefully the VA portion doesn't take nearly as long. The VA seems to be getting their part done faster lately (knock on wood).

I called the peb today and I was told it's with the presiding officer still, there's 700 cases in the same spot I'm in right now and to call back in 2 weeks or so and see if it's moved any because they just did a changeover of the officers and have to train the ones that just got there on how to determine cases.
Called today, mine has made it past the first vote! Said they should be done voting in about 10 days, (I've been calling every 3) and the I should hear fit or unfit in about 14, Still going to call every 3 days, because I HATE this waiting game. I didn't ask how the first vote went but hopefully UNFIT soon.

Update on my timeline (since I am a little bit ahead of you all) so all of you have a reference point going forward. My package was sent to the VA for ratings on Monday, 18 September. I spoke to the VA rep on that Wednesday (the 20th) and they said they had received my package. Just now got off the phone with my PEBLO and she said their system shows "QA ready". VA sent my package back in about 12 business days. I was told to expect it to take three weeks to three months. Quick turnaround time from the VA. I will be calling them this evening to find out what day they sent my ratings back to the DOD so I can call back in 10 business days to have them fax the proposed ratings to me.

EDIT: Called the VA. They sent my ratings back to the DOD on September 28th.

Last edited:
Called today, mine has made it past the first vote! Said they should be done voting in about 10 days, (I've been calling every 3) and the I should hear fit or unfit in about 14, Still going to call every 3 days, because I HATE this waiting game. I didn't ask how the first vote went but hopefully UNFIT soon.

That timeline is right around what I was expecting, so hopefully mine is in the same category as yours. I will be joining you in hounding the PEB after next week. I'm pretty shocked that I have made it this far.

Update on my timeline (since I am a little bit ahead of you all) so all of you have a reference point going forward. My package was sent to the VA for ratings on Monday, 18 September. I spoke to the VA rep on that Wednesday (the 20th) and they said they had received my package. Just now got off the phone with my PEBLO and she said their system shows "QA ready". VA sent my package back in about 12 business days. I was told to expect it to take three weeks to three months. Quick turnaround time from the VA. I will be calling them this evening to find out what day they sent my ratings back to the DOD so I can call back in 10 business days to have them fax the proposed ratings to me.

I had been wondering about your VA progress mitch84. I'm glad to hear it went quickly! Congrats on making it to the next step! Hopefully they keep that pace. Now it's back in the PEBs hands, so the timeline is up in the air. How long are you expecting at this point?

Thanks @USMC.JCA I hope the VA keeps this pace and all of you get the quick turnaround time as well. When I was on the phone with my PEBLO she said give them about a week. I wouldn't expect them to have them completed this week, so sometime next week. Either way, my PEBLO will call me as soon as she receives them. I will keep you guys updated.

Mine went to the va on the 24th of September got a notification on vets.gov that mine was closed. So I called the peb today the 3rd of October and they said it was ready for notification, and that I should be receiving a phone call tomorrow because that's when everything was getting pushed out. Also checked ebenefits and I have a historical claim as well.

Mine went to the va on the 24th of September got a notification on vets.gov that mine was closed. So I called the peb today the 3rd of October and they said it was ready for notification, and that I should be receiving a phone call tomorrow because that's when everything was getting pushed out. Also checked ebenefits and I have a historical claim as well.
Also mine was sent back on the 28th to DOD

That's great! I'm very happy for you. Somehow you are moving faster than I am. I would assume mine took longer at the VA because of the amount of claimed conditions. Ebennies does not show my claim as "historical" yet. I have kind of figured out that they are about 1-3 days behind anyway. Good luck on your findings @Tiredmarine25

That's great! I'm very happy for you. Somehow you are moving faster than I am. I would assume mine took longer at the VA because of the amount of claimed conditions. Ebennies does not show my claim as "historical" yet. I have kind of figured out that they are about 1-3 days behind anyway. Good luck on your findings @Tiredmarine25
I appreciate it. Good luck on yours as well. I will update you guys tomorrow if I do or do not hear anything.

I’m going to be calling on Thursday since it will mark two weeks since I last called and I’m hoping to hear it was sent out to the VA

Just got the call from my PEBLO, findings are in! Scheduled appointment for tomorrow.
Wow! That was fast! Great news! Hopefully you agree with the ratings. Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Thanks @USMC.JCA. Hopefully the PEB is on your case now. That was very fast. I was not expecting that at all. Hopefully Tired got his today as well. I will keep this thread updated.

So on my BIR it says case accepted by PEB on 20170808, but I received a message on MOL on 20170814 saying it was accepted. Just wondering which date to go by which in all reality it doesn't matter being its only 6 days. Anyways, I called last week and said my case was still being adjudicated? Which I know it means they are still deciding if I'm found Fit or Unfit but, heck its been almost 40 business days.