• hell yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • nope

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bartmarc73

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I could use some help on this. I was active duty for 16 years, I did 3 tours, and I was honorably discharged. I am currently in the reserves. So I am going to say this WHOLE thing and I know a lot of you are going to be 'WTF?'
I got a permanent profile in May 2015 (3 3's). I started talking to ARMMC and they had me send them all my records. during this time, I got 100%VA. After a long period, ARMMC told me I needed the commanders form submitted. Commander finally filled out the form in Nov 2015. I was then moved to another company in the battalion and no one did anything. So I finally started harassing and arguing and it was just to find that once the commander signed the form, she should have had the S1 start the process of collecting LOD's (which they are doing now). This was the biggest argument. all of my conditions were gradual conditions that just grew over my active duty career. it was never annotated on an LOD, just as regular doctors visits. Im being told because of this, they have to 'construct' LODs for me.
anyways it wasn't until I started mentioning IG that anything was done. I reminded them that according to regulation, once the commander filled out the form, she was responsible for getting me into the PDES/MEB/PEB process immediately, which they didn't do until over 6 months later.
so anyways.
here is my question:
if I am medically retired, do I get the benefits immediately or do I have to wait until reserve retirement time? any other advice would be amazing.

There are many different scenarios that may come into play in your situation. I would really need to know all of the facts to tell you exactly what should happen to you.

I suspect that you want to know how much money you are eligible for.

With a P3, you may not meet the retention standards for the Army, because of this you may be referred to the IDES for a MEB and possibly PEB.

To refer a soldier to a MEB they need a line of duty investigation competed. The reserves are not very well accomplished at doing this task.

If you are found to not meet standards, the PEB may medically retire, or separate you with benefits depending on the percentage of your unfitting conditions.

You could be rated 100% from the VA and separated from the Army at 0%, so your current VA rating should not be something to think about at this moment.

If you were medically retired, your pay would be either your retired pay base x your ratings percentage, or 2.5 x your retired pay base x your years served (whichever is greater). Your medical retirement begins the day after you retire and typically it is offset by your VA C&P award.

You can potentially restore all or some of the offset if you are eligible for CRSC.

its two fold, the money is not the whole story. I am more concerned about medical benefits for my family (retired get prime) also I am trying to figure out how long this whole process will take. im already at 77 days until ets, and yes I know I am stuck in until its resolved but I want to know how much longer it could take. if we are at the part where LODs are being prepared, whats the next series of events so I can harass the unit to keep them working.

After submittal, my LOD came back approved in 2 or so weeks.

its two fold, the money is not the whole story. I am more concerned about medical benefits for my family (retired get prime) also I am trying to figure out how long this whole process will take. im already at 77 days until ets, and yes I know I am stuck in until its resolved but I want to know how much longer it could take. if we are at the part where LODs are being prepared, whats the next series of events so I can harass the unit to keep them working.
If you are 77 days to ETS it is imperative that you go see the retention NCO (career counselor) to extend your enlistment for the purpose of an MEB

MEB process typically takes about a year