Call IG for a case of command Butt Dragging?

Bartmarc73

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
(army reserve) Heres my timeline:
May 2015: receive permanent profile for injuries sustained during my active duty time (before I went to reserves)
November 2015: Commander fills out and submits form to ARMMC
between 11/15 and 6/16 nothing else happens between command and ARMMC. I am in constant communication with ARMMC who tells me my unit has not submitted LODs.
June 2016: contact initiating commander (had since moved to different company in same battalion) who informs me that I need to take it up with my new commander. Contact S1 who was not aware that they were supposed to initiate LODs.
at this point, I am being told that the LODs have been sent to battalion medical for signing off before submitting to ARMMC.
Since this whole fiasco started, I got 100% VA rating (total and perm). I have lost any confidence that this unit will be able to accomplish this task and asked to be moved to another unit. attending drills is getting harder and harder on me physically, but apparently I HAVE to go until they have a determination. Should I contact IG because this unit has dragged serious ass with my case? I was expecting some ass dragging at the MEB/PEB level, but not before I even got in the door.
any other advice would be helpful

You can contact the IG if you wish. Do you want to be med boarded from the reserves?

Yes and it seems like im the only one doing any legwork for it.
You can go onto AKO and do the periodic health assessment, list everything wrong with you and it will trigger an appointment with the physician.

Are you aware of INCAP benefits. If you are unable to work in your civilian job OR unable to attend drill due to an injury incurred in the Line of Duty (including those injuries from Active Duty) you should be eligible for INCAP (Incapacitation) Pay.

The two Army publications that cover it are DA PAM 135-381, and AR 135-381. DA PAM outlines who qualifies and most importantly the responsibilities of BOTH the Soldier and unit and higher commands. Look it over and if you have any questions feel free to PM me, or ask on the forum. I was successful in obtaining INCAP for an Active Duty injury in 2005, and received benefits (after several protracted fights with the ARNG) from Dec 2013 through to my retirement in May of last year.

Also, key information for your situation, there is a new DODI (Dept. of Defense Instruction) 1241.01 (April 2016) that states that offsetting INCAP pay by what a Soldier receives in VA disabilities (during the same time period) is NO LONGER ALLOWED. Meaning your VA disabilities should not prevent nor diminish what you should receive in INCAP pay.

4. RECEIPT OF BOTH INCAPACITATION PAY AND U.S. DEPARTMENT OF
VETERANS AFFAIRS BENEFITS
. Service members may receive both incapacitation pay and Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits. Since VA benefits are not taxable, they do not meet the definition of earned income. Incapacitation pay will not be offset by VA benefits received.

Hope this helps...