PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Space Force member going through a MEB.

4 August 2022 - Notified of MEB
7 August 2022 - PEBLO sent me acknowledgement
15 August 2022 - NARSUM and CIS sent to AMRO
28 August 2022 - Sent to AFPC

8 September 2022 - Sent back with code 37 and CONCARE
15 September 2022 - Received NARSUM from PEBLO - timelines and information was incorrect - appointment made to correct

What are you getting medboarded for? Space force here too and I keep hearing they want to try and keep people even if they have serious conditions like diabetes or ms

What are you getting medboarded for? Space force here too and I keep hearing they want to try and keep people even if they have serious conditions like diabetes or ms
I have a few things that I’m being MEB’d for, all autoimmune related. Space Force is trying to use the excuse of “we don’t deploy” but we do. They don’t want too many people leaving. Right now I’m not able to do my job effectively and my medical conditions are the cause.

Cholinergic Urticaria
Asthma
Hyperhidrosis
Eosinophilic esophagitis
Prostatitis
Gastritis
Neuropathy
Chondromalacia left/right knee
Panic Disorder

At what point did they try to fight your meb? I def don’t deploy in my position now, but who knows…I might later

At what point did they try to fight your meb? I def don’t deploy in my position now, but who knows…I might later
They are fighting it now. Despite my Commander and PCM recommending an MEB, AFPC sent me back with Continued Care. They are saying my conditions need more time to be evaluated. I am pushing back saying that I've had these conditions for years and that my NARSUM was incorrect and incomplete. It has not been a fun process.

Yikes, sorry to hear that. I am diagnosed with Meniere’s, and mine for sure won’t get better. Tricare also doesnt cover any vestibular care…so I’m hoping they wont try and keep me since I would get better treatment with the VA. When did your dr tell you they were putting in for a meb? Aug 4th? I have a drs appt tomorrow with my PCM, so I’m going to bring up a meb.

Yikes, sorry to hear that. I am diagnosed with Meniere’s, and mine for sure won’t get better. Tricare also doesnt cover any vestibular care…so I’m hoping they wont try and keep me since I would get better treatment with the VA. When did your dr tell you they were putting in for a meb? Aug 4th? I have a drs appt tomorrow with my PCM, so I’m going to bring up a meb.
Yeah, I know the frustrations. Depending on how long you've been diagnosed for, they might make you wait longer to see if they can control your symptoms. Similarly, they won't give me steroids or other immunosuppressant medications, but the VA will. My ailments aren't curable and I am on biologics to help the symptoms but they aren't doing anything.

I got the notification on August 4th and I wasn't prepared for it. After a lot of talks with my wife, the chaplain, my therapist, and my PCM I have realized that it would be better for my mental and physical health to be removed from service. I have a follow-up on Tuesday where I am going to plead my case, again. My Commander has been great and my duty schedule is greatly altered but it's still getting harder every day.

No one seems to be taking me seriously. I now have 8 troops and my boss just complains about his own ailments when I mention mine and is zero help at work. Hoping my pcm won’t rush me out of the room.

No one seems to be taking me seriously. I now have 8 troops and my boss just complains about his own ailments when I mention mine and is zero help at work. Hoping my pcm won’t rush me out of the room.
PCM is the first step, let them know you’re serious and explain how you feel. They might not rush for an MEB but at least they can listen to what you have to say. If it’s not impacting your quality of work that also might be a factor. Talk to your chain, let them know. Go above that supervisor. I had a meeting with my Commander explaining how I am feeling and what my intentions are. He was very understanding and supportive. My military records have been very good but now I feel like I can’t be who I was.

I'm also in the Space Force. I have gone through 3 RILO and returned from duty each time for neuropathy in the ankle (surgy on both). My commander's reasoning for putting retain on the impact statement is that we are deployed in place. Being returned to duty for neuropathy in my ankles made my depression so much worse so, at the beginning of the year, I started the process of doing a med board for my depression. During the IRILO my command team finally put "do not retain" for my mental health recommendation. My timeline is a little fuzzy in the beginning due to my mental health.

10 Aug2022- Sent to AFPC
12 Aug 2022- Full MEB notification
12 Aug 2022- Peblo brief
16 Aug 2022- Contact with VA rep
19 Aug 2022- Exams scheduled
31 Aug 2022- First Exam Mental Health
2 Sep 2022- Audiology
6 Sep 2022- Optometry
12 Sep 2022- Final exam (head to toe)
11 Oct 2022- All results are posted in Tricare Tol.
12 Oct 2022- Called my VA Rep to push all the documents to my PEBLO
18 Oct 2022- Signed 618, PEBLO said that it will go to AFPC for FIT/UNFIT Rating before going to VA/DOD for Ratings

I'm also in the Space Force. I have gone through 3 RILO and returned from duty each time for neuropathy in the ankle (surgy on both). My commander's reasoning for putting retain on the impact statement is that we are deployed in place. Being returned to duty for neuropathy in my ankles made my depression so much worse so, at the beginning of the year, I started the process of doing a med board for my depression. During the IRILO my command team finally put "do not retain" for my mental health recommendation. My timeline is a little fuzzy in the beginning due to my mental health.

10 Aug2022- Sent to AFPC
12 Aug 2022- Full MEB notification
12 Aug 2022- Peblo brief
16 Aug 2022- Contact with VA rep
19 Aug 2022- Exams scheduled
31 Aug 2022- First Exam Mental Health
2 Sep 2022- Audiology
6 Sep 2022- Optometry
12 Sep 2022- Final exam (head to toe)
11 Oct 2022- All results are posted in Tricare Tol.
12 Oct 2022- Called my VA Rep to push all the documents to my PEBLO
18 Oct 2022- Signed 618, PEBLO said that it will go to AFPC for FIT/UNFIT Rating before going to VA/DOD for Ratings
Deployed in place is a joke of an excuse. I am glad it is finally working out for you.

For me they're saying I wasn't officially diagnosed with Panic Disorder until this year, yeah but you can see by the extreme number of ER visits I've had that it's been an issue for years. I have an appointment next week where I will be pleading with them to let me keep teleworking and to give me a boot waiver for the neuropathy in my feet, I have an appointment with a neurologist.. in December. I don't know what they're expecting me to do. I am hoping with my new PCM it won't be so long but this process is rough. My Commander put Do Not Retain and I was still put on Con Care... my PEBLO is saying it doesn't matter if the first PCM did something incorrectly I still have to wait 6 months.

Deployed in place is a joke of an excuse. I am glad it is finally working out for you.

For me they're saying I wasn't officially diagnosed with Panic Disorder until this year, yeah but you can see by the extreme number of ER visits I've had that it's been an issue for years. I have an appointment next week where I will be pleading with them to let me keep teleworking and to give me a boot waiver for the neuropathy in my feet, I have an appointment with a neurologist.. in December. I don't know what they're expecting me to do. I am hoping with my new PCM it won't be so long but this process is rough. My Commander put Do Not Retain and I was still put on Con Care... my PEBLO is saying it doesn't matter if the first PCM did something incorrectly I still have to wait 6 months.
Keep your head up. You can talk with your therapist and see if they can put you on the high interest list so you can see your therapist every week. Do what you need to do in order to keep yourself in a good mindset. This shit sucks med board or not. I struggled with mental health issues for 6 years before I finally broke down. Proud of you for getting help. I'm here on Schriever if you are in the springs I'm always down to meet up and vent about this stuff.

I’m at Vandenberg. So hard to get medical care out here. I have to go to LA for my hearing issues and the earliest I can be seen by a neurologist is Dec as well.

Call Veterans Evaluation Services (VES) in Texas. They handle all scheduling. Tell them you're willing to travel north, south or east to be seen sooner.

Finally an update!

4 August 2022 - Notified of MEB
7 August 2022 - PEBLO sent me acknowledgement
15 August 2022 - NARSUM and CIS sent to AMRO
28 August 2022 - Sent to AFPC
8 September 2022 - Sent back with code 37 and CONCARE
15 September 2022 - Received NARSUM from PEBLO - timelines and information was incorrect - appointment made to correct
5 December 2022 - New NARSUM sent with corrections and added conditions

I am waiting on the word from AFPC to see what is going to happen now.

Another update:

5 January 2023 - New Commander's Impact Statement requested and sent to AFPC - Do Not Retain