Examination results

Deegr

Registered Member
Hello everyone, I've read a lot through this forum and there's a lot of good info. Today the 13th I received my narsum and examination results back. I was referred to meb because of my back, all of my appointment were though QTC. They got almost everything right, but my back they got completely wrong. It states that my back is perfectly normal, no issues and that I can bend over (even though I didnt) without issue. So my questions are - if they're wrong, what are my options? If i need to get a lawyer outside of the ones provided by the military, who should I turn to? I have stacks of paperwork on my back, I walk differently because of it. Thank you all for your time and help!!!

Almost_Separated

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Wait, so you are saying in the exam notes where they measure your range of motion for your back they stated you had no loss of range of motion? You are referring to the actual C&P exam notes right?

Deegr

Registered Member
Wait, so you are saying in the exam notes where they measure your range of motion for your back they stated you had no loss of range of motion? You are referring to the actual C&P exam notes right?
Correct!

Almost_Separated

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Interesting and not surprising at all based off of my experiences with QTC. Can you post a screenshot of the exam notes filled out by the doctor for your back? I am curious to see what it says overall. Generally the back is the one condition most people get screwed on. Typically the ratings are significantly underrated.

For example. My back pain is quite painful the majority of the day. While walking it feels like I have hot lava running down my spine. While sitting it feels like I have fireworks going across my back because of nerve damage. I got 20% for my back and that was with very limited range of motion.

Anyways back to your issue at hand. While yes the C&P exam notes are very important for evaluating your conditions, they aren't whoever the only puzzle piece. The VA will also look at every medical record you give them and take each of them into consideration. However, loss of range of motion is very important when evaluating the back, and this measurement is taken during the C&P exam as you know. A little further down the road you may be given the option to do a va rating reconsideration, where you may be provided the opportunity to provide new medical documentation of your back injury.

Deegr

Registered Member
Interesting and not surprising at all based off of my experiences with QTC. Can you post a screenshot of the exam notes filled out by the doctor for your back? I am curious to see what it says overall. Generally the back is the one condition most people get screwed on. Typically the ratings are significantly underrated.

For example. My back pain is quite painful the majority of the day. While walking it feels like I have hot lava running down my spine. While sitting it feels like I have fireworks going across my back because of nerve damage. I got 20% for my back and that was with very limited range of motion.

Anyways back to your issue at hand. While yes the C&P exam notes are very important for evaluating your conditions, they aren't whoever the only puzzle piece. The VA will also look at every medical record you give them and take each of them into consideration. However, loss of range of motion is very important when evaluating the back, and this measurement is taken during the C&P exam as you know. A little further down the road you may be given the option to do a va rating reconsideration, where you may be provided the opportunity to provide new medical documentation of your back injury.
It just states that I was able to bend over and flex and do all the range of motions even tho I didn't do it. It's stupid

Joel G.

Registered Member
The Culture of the Navy is to blame. In my 12+yrs active Navy I have heard countless times to document all medical issues! This is funny to me because well, it is the Hospital Corpsman's job right? I have noticed that many first enlistment member getting out of the military say things like, "I'm going to take everything I can get for my issues". This is a very counter-productive element in my opinion.. And` these QTC doctors being de-sensitized by trouble makers to the system! When my QTC doctor asked me a particular question about knee pain I had, I had to think about the question, and how it related my past experiences but, after a slight hesitation he just wanted to blow me off like I was trying to imagine an unbelievable story.. retarded. This put a bad taste for these guys and their tactics. I've had my Right hip totally replaced, with my left hip needing it soon. I have very bad arthritis in left knee, left big toe.. and now right side is taking the force and going down hill. I want out before I end up in a wheel chair without anything to show for.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">