Finally Have A Formal Board Date!

builtgypsy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The phone call I got today was a welcome surprise. I'll be flying out on the 16th of November and have my formal board on the 18th. Uniform will be uniform of the day, so I can wear the funky new Navy work uniform instead of the horribly uncomfortable dress uniform.

I'm excited, but it seems like such a time crunch because there are things I still need to do before this happens. But having a heads up more than a month in advance is great, this is going to give me time to get hold of the Navy Lodge there and see if they'll have any rooms available.

I just can't get it through their heads that I don't want the JAG they're offering. :p

Good luck!! I hope everything works out for you. I know you've been going through this for a while.

Excellent News!!! I know you are so ready!

Glad to hear you can be comfy ;).

I am ready! I hit 26 months of waiting today, so I guess this is like an anniversary present! The funny thing is I just don't recall many Navy formal boards here on this site, so I'm really interested to see how this is going to play out. The really funny thing is I'm happiest because I don't have to wear that stupid dress uniform! :D

Good luck. Im on medhold in San Diego and we have a little over 50 of us in our command. Ive seen many go and come back from their formal board in DC. Please let us know how it goes for you.

I actually like the new uniform. ;)

great news built,

good luck

Wear the Dress Uniform. You can always dress up, and it isn't worth the argument with an O-6 PEB member over what the actual Uniform of the Day is vs what the Captain/Colonel is expecting to see you in. I know it is a bit of a redass, but better safe than sorry.

T