How do they figure your CRSC percentage?

jbrown0106

Registered Member
I was just approved at a rate of 70%, that is only for my diagnosed PTSD. I was denied a few other combat related disabilities 4 of them, that have a VA rating of 10% each. Is it worth fighting to have those percentages included? I was medically retired.

Thanks!

Opinion:

Even at 70%, it is unlikely that you will receive the rate/payment for that percentage. The amounts are found in the VA compensations tables.

Most CH 61 retirees receive the dollar amount of the longevity portion of their retired pay as CRSC, unless they have active duty in double digits.

How many years of active duty did you have? See post 4...I found the previous estimate.

Ron

I provided an estimate earlier this year for you, although you did not have the CRSC percentage at that time.

See LINK <----

Ron

JBrown,

From June 2019:

Your CRSC will be the lesser of Estimate :
10 yrs 7 mo ACTIVE DUTY = 10.58 yrs; 10.58 x 2.5% = 26.45 multiplier
3122.50 x 26.45 = 825.90 dollar amount of longevity portion of retired pay

Or

The dollar amount of the CRSC percentage approved by your service. One would use the VA compensation tables to find the amount. Since you do not have a percentage yet, a comparison cannot be made.

All the limited evidence you provided points to: 825.90 which is your CRSC ceiling.

Added: 100% CRSC in your case would be $1249 (the amount of your waived retired pay). CRSC for a CH 61 retiree can never be more than the dollar amount of the longevity portion of retirement pay, which is 825.90 in your case.

------
The 825.90 is less than the 70% CRSC percentage and certainly less than 100%.

Looks like 825.90 will be your CRSC if the info you provided previously was accurate.

Ron