How long does it take for providers to put signatures on narsum?

Melllo

Registered Member
How long does it take for providers to put signatures on narsum? My peblo told me a week ago that my narsum was pending signatures. Just curious if it’s normal or not

Yes! Completely normal. Really depends on the doctors looking at your case and how many other cases they have as well. Typically it should move rather quick, if your narusm is cut and dry with all the supporting evidence. I would say 7-10 business days (Monday-Friday)

For instance on my NARSUM, my back and neck was signed off February 26, 2024 but my MH needed to be signed off as well and then that got signed off on February 28, 2024.

So it really just depends

Ok thank you. Also what was your timeline after you signed your narsum? Was it quick?

Yes, it was. It seems like the PEB is moving a lot quicker than normal.

I have been meaning to post my whole timeline so everyone else can see it. Which I will do here shortly. Everything hits so different when you get your findings and I have been running around like crazy to get all my paper work ready for retirement.

My package went up to DC March 11th.
Got the email from my PEBLO not to expect anything until the 120 day mark which would have been roughly July.
Some folks on here said take that with a grain of salt, so I did!!!!

I check my VA APP, the closed my claim on the 5th of April.

Was told by my JAG and MSC doesn’t mean anything and that we still have some wait time. That call from both was on April 15th and then I got a call from my PEBLO on the April 17th with my findings.

UNFIT

Signed my election of options saying I wasn’t going to appeal April 24th, received an email from my PEBLO same day saying what to expect next.

Feel free to ask me anything you would like

Seeing a patient trumps paperwork every time. My first time in the MEB process the NARSUM was done quickly. The second time it took months and the PEB made the doc redo it.

When do providers start working on the NARSUM? Is it when the MEB starts or some random point in the process when the PEBLO asks for it?

Should be the doc who referred you for your MEB/unfitting condition. Then you have another doc that reads and either concurs or does not concur with your condition.

At least that’s how my worked. My PCM at my command wrote up my NARSUM, Submitted it to the hospital and then a separate doc read and concurred/agreed that is warrants referral to the PEB (meaning it goes up to DC for Fitness of Duty)

Should be the doc who referred you for your MEB/unfitting condition. Then you have another doc that reads and either concurs or does not concur with your condition.

At least that’s how my worked. My PCM at my command wrote up my NARSUM, Submitted it to the hospital and then a separate doc read and concurred/agreed that is warrants referral to the PEB (meaning it goes up to DC for Fitness of Duty)
Does the NARSUM have my C&P exam results in it? If so, should I assume that it's 7-10 business days after my exams were uploaded to Tricare Online? Idk if you're Marine or navy but that's our online medical records hub.

No it doesn’t, however when you get your C&P exams done and they finish auto populating to your MEB, there is a chance that the doc could add conditions at that point.

So for mine, my last C&P finished up on January 2nd and I was able to see it January 8th on TOL. From there it was radio silence for like a month and change.

The C&P didn’t auto populate onto my LIMDU SMART until FEB 23.

At that point my PEBLO told me that another Doc looks at my C&P exams and they can either add something or keep it as is. They kept everything as is.

From there, that’s when my NARSUM was finalized. I reviewed with my JAG. You can either agree or disagree, ask for an IMR, which is a completely different person/doc that has not looked at your records and they scan it and put there two sense in.

Your C&P results are uploaded for the doctors to review!! So technically in a sense they are but it’s not til later at the MEB stage. The MEB stage is all admin, VA, legal brief, NARSUM and then PEB is the fitness for determination.

I hope I’m not confusing you, the whole process is confusing and broken down into so many parts.

BTW: Active Duty Navy

Your C&P results are uploaded for the doctors to review!! So technically in a sense they are but it’s not til later at the MEB stage. The MEB stage is all admin, VA, legal brief, NARSUM and then PEB is the fitness for determination.

I hope I’m not confusing you, the whole process is confusing and broken down into so many parts.

BTW: Active Duty Navy
No what you're saying makes sense, but you're right all of this is really confusing. I'm at the point where all my C&P exams are on Tricare Online, I submitted my personal impact statement, I just sent my PEBLO my NMA, so I'm assuming the only thing left is my NARSUM. My limdusmart has not been touched at all so idk if I need to be concerned about that. Your responses have been very helpful and I appreciate it.

I completely understand your concern! Unfortunately, you have done your part and you’re just really waiting! That’s the really crappy part, HURRY UP AND WAIT!!! It’s the worst, you just gotta keep yourself occupied and busy