IDES Timeline

Is there any time considered “too early” to submit a job offer letter? I have my last QTC appointment on December 8th. I have had a few offers, one super solid one with a training start date of January 10th.
No I’d submit it ASAP just make sure the date of the job offer isn’t before your MEB started

My terminal leave ended middle of November.
Just called my finance office. Unsure what system they use to pay out severance checks but its been apparently down for a week or so. They're unsure when it'll be back up but they told me that's all I'm waiting on to get my money.

I’m not sure if guard can access it, but I would assume so because it’s Tricare run.

here is the link TRICARE Online

You can login with a CAC or DS login.
Once logged in go to medical records > documents

all record will be in the documents drop down.
Your MEB proceedings will state fit/unfit. Hopefully you will get them soon! Good luck.
How long after your QTC appts did you see all of your DBQs uploaded?

How long after your QTC appts did you see all of your DBQs uploaded?
It really depends once I was done with all my appointments didn’t hear anything for a week. Called QTC and they said I had residual appointments to schedule, which I declined. But it usually takes about two weeks if you don’t have any appointments left and you update your MSC.

Hey all, I wanted to post my timeline and see if anyone else is in a similar spot. I also wanted to share my experience in the process and hopefully help others out who may have questions. So far my process has been relatively smooth. It appears that the VA and MEB/PEB is finally working through the COVID backlog.

The biggest thing I have learned is to be your own advocate! I have stayed in constant contact with my PEBLO, VA Rep, and Docs. The first thing that I noticed was that the VA rep will tell you to wait for a call for your C&P exams. You do not need to wait. I looked up my local QTC office and called them directly 48hrs after submitting my claim. They already had my claim on file and told me they work off a list in the order the claims are submitted, but if you call them they will schedule your appts that day. So I had all my exams 3 weeks from calling the QTC line (first availability). The second thing is that once your exams are back they are posted to your Tricare patient portal. You can see them long before they make it back to your PEBLO. I took the exams and logged into VA.gov and uploaded them myself to my claim. Then you have the option to complete at 5103 notice of acknowledgement that you have submitted all your documents and want the VA to make a decision with only those documents. I did this and within 24hrs my VA portal updated to preparation for decision. Lastly, the VA seems to tell everyone they mail you letters. I have yet to receive any letters via the mail. But once you see on the portal they sent you a letter you can wait 10 days, call the VA hotline and request they email you the letter. I had to do this with my developmental letter and I assume I will end up doing the same thing for my ratings. After speaking with my PEBLO and the MEB doctor its estimated I should have my 199 back with ratings around August (worst case scenario).

I know that this process can be extremely long and frustrating for a lot of people. It seems that a lot of the process is luck of the draw. I have been fortunate to have a great PEBLO who always responds within a few hours of shooting him an email. It also seems to depend on the case and how many conditions you are claiming for the MEB stage. All my claims have been heavily documented in my medical record for over a year. I was told that this is also why my case has been moving quickly, everything was already in my record and the C&P exams concurred with those records.

Timeline:
MEB Referral: 4/22/21
VA claim: 4/29/21
Med Exam: Complete all C&P exams on 5/21/21
NARSUM Completed: 6/3/21
MEB: 6/8/21
IPEB: In process
VA ratings: In process at preparation for decision as of 6/3/21

Claims:
Lumbar Degenerative Arthritis, intervertebral disc syndrome (Unfit)
L5-S1 spondylolisthesis lower lumbar (unfit)
Sciatic Radiculopathy, left leg (unfit)
Mental Health (Fit)
Tinnitus (Fit)
Sciatic Radiculopathy, Right leg (Fit)
Did your VA exams come back (in Tricare portal) all at once, or did they trickle in one-by-one?

Hey all, I wanted to post my timeline and see if anyone else is in a similar spot. I also wanted to share my experience in the process and hopefully help others out who may have questions. So far my process has been relatively smooth. It appears that the VA and MEB/PEB is finally working through the COVID backlog.

The biggest thing I have learned is to be your own advocate! I have stayed in constant contact with my PEBLO, VA Rep, and Docs. The first thing that I noticed was that the VA rep will tell you to wait for a call for your C&P exams. You do not need to wait. I looked up my local QTC office and called them directly 48hrs after submitting my claim. They already had my claim on file and told me they work off a list in the order the claims are submitted, but if you call them they will schedule your appts that day. So I had all my exams 3 weeks from calling the QTC line (first availability). The second thing is that once your exams are back they are posted to your Tricare patient portal. You can see them long before they make it back to your PEBLO. I took the exams and logged into VA.gov and uploaded them myself to my claim. Then you have the option to complete at 5103 notice of acknowledgement that you have submitted all your documents and want the VA to make a decision with only those documents. I did this and within 24hrs my VA portal updated to preparation for decision. Lastly, the VA seems to tell everyone they mail you letters. I have yet to receive any letters via the mail. But once you see on the portal they sent you a letter you can wait 10 days, call the VA hotline and request they email you the letter. I had to do this with my developmental letter and I assume I will end up doing the same thing for my ratings. After speaking with my PEBLO and the MEB doctor its estimated I should have my 199 back with ratings around August (worst case scenario).

I know that this process can be extremely long and frustrating for a lot of people. It seems that a lot of the process is luck of the draw. I have been fortunate to have a great PEBLO who always responds within a few hours of shooting him an email. It also seems to depend on the case and how many conditions you are claiming for the MEB stage. All my claims have been heavily documented in my medical record for over a year. I was told that this is also why my case has been moving quickly, everything was already in my record and the C&P exams concurred with those records.

Timeline:

Claims:
Mental Health (Fit)
Tinnitus (Fit)
Thanks this is great information knowing that the process can take a while I was referral March 15th and was assigned a IDES rep March 18th
I've been stressing this process with all that's going on with me knowing that you have to be accepted into the program was shocked because I wasn't aware of that I have mental and physical issues along with having surgery back in Oct I was on con leave for 60 days I am still going through PT at evans. I hoping to hear something back by the end of April if I have been accepted

Timeline:

Claims:
Mental Health (Fit)
Tinnitus (Fit)
How long did it take for you to be accepted into MED program currently I am awaited a yes or no
I haven't seen a timeline about anyone wait time on when they were accepted. I was referral 03/15/22 and spoke with my PEBLO 03/18/22
I am still waiting to hear back from her on a yes or no and I would think if they did the referral it's highly unlikely that they would say No

How long did it take for you to be accepted into MED program currently I am awaited a yes or no
I haven't seen a timeline about anyone wait time on when they were accepted. I was referral 03/15/22 and spoke with my PEBLO 03/18/22
I am still waiting to hear back from her on a yes or no and I would think if they did the referral it's highly unlikely that they would say No
Are you on a P3 profile?

Mine took about a month from the time I spoke to my pcm until my p3 was issue and accepted into ides . Look in your erb or medpros and you should be able to see a p3 on your pulhes.