JBLM COVID-19 Timeline

Oh ok I went to ebeneifts and couldn’t see a breakdown. What do you mean they are temporary?
Meaning that I will need to go in for a reevaluation anywhere from 6 months - 3 years after leaving the army. It means my ratings could go down, up, or stay the same.

Meaning that I will need to go in for a reevaluation anywhere from 6 months - 3 years after leaving the army. It means my ratings could go down, up, or stay the same.
Ok make sense. I know while was going through solider for life a guy that worked for the VA he said every five years they do a audit and if you not using the VA services they will call you in to re-evaluate you. He said every six months to just schedule a appointment with your provider and go over your conditions and services you need. Is that what you mean by being re-evaluated?

I cant speak to what that gentleman was talking about, personally. Essentially, when you get out of the service, you are either rated for your conditions to be permanent or temporary. If they are temporary, you need to go in and get reevaluated at least once during the 6 month - 3 year window after leaving the service. If they are permanent, I do believe they can still be changed down the road in extenuating circumstances, but you are not required to do the reevaluation upon leaving the service.

I dont want to assume too much here, as I only know what I have read on this forum and what the people I have encountered during my MEB process have told me.

I cant speak to what that gentleman was talking about, personally. Essentially, when you get out of the service, you are either rated for your conditions to be permanent or temporary. If they are temporary, you need to go in and get reevaluated at least once during the 6 month - 3 year window after leaving the service. If they are permanent, I do believe they can still be changed down the road in extenuating circumstances, but you are not required to do the reevaluation upon leaving the service.

I dont want to assume too much here, as I only know what I have read on this forum and what the people I have encountered during my MEB process have told me.
Ok that makes sense. Is there something that makes the conditions permanent or temporary? Sorry for all the questions.

Ok that makes sense. Is there something that makes the conditions permanent or temporary? Sorry for all the questions.
Not at all, I don't mind. From what I understand they will rate something temporary if they have reason to believe it may get better. For instance, with behavioral health stuff, they will always rate it as temporary because the thought is that once you get away from the service and get treatment it will get better. their decision to make my back temporary, per their letter, is because there is a 50/50 chance that with treatment it will get better. my hang up is that I have been receiving treatment for 10 years so why would it be any different? Hopefully I will find out some answers on Monday.

Not at all, I don't mind. From what I understand they will rate something temporary if they have reason to believe it may get better. For instance, with behavioral health stuff, they will always rate it as temporary because the thought is that once you get away from the service and get treatment it will get better. their decision to make my back temporary, per their letter, is because there is a 50/50 chance that with treatment it will get better. my hang up is that I have been receiving treatment for 10 years so why would it be any different? Hopefully I will find out some answers on Monday.
Ok make sense.

BH is not always temporary. I just received Pdrl for BH

BH is not always temporary. I just received Pdrl for BH
I apologize, I should have specified PTSD as I can not speak for all BH issues

October 28th: Assigned to the JBLM WTU
November 22th: Received P3 Profile
January 16th: Received Email from MEB welcoming me
February 26th: First QTC Appointment
March 5th: Last QTC Appointment
April 1st: Received NARSUM
April 7th: NARSUM Signed with no issues
April 15th: Packet Sent to PEB/VA
May 5th : Emailed PEBLO. She said packets are taking around 60 days to come back from PEB/VA (ugh...)
May 6th: Applied for SSDI
May 15th: Emailed PEBLO to see if I have been found unfit yet
May 19th: VA Case Closed
June 5th: Received 199 from PEBLO (80% DOD / 100% VA)
June 8th: Signed 199 asking for a formal board to have the combat code added to my back injury

October 28th: Assigned to the JBLM WTU
November 22th: Received P3 Profile
January 16th: Received Email from MEB welcoming me
February 26th: First QTC Appointment
March 5th: Last QTC Appointment
April 1st: Received NARSUM
April 7th: NARSUM Signed with no issues
April 15th: Packet Sent to PEB/VA
May 5th : Emailed PEBLO. She said packets are taking around 60 days to come back from PEB/VA (ugh...)
May 6th: Applied for SSDI
May 15th: Emailed PEBLO to see if I have been found unfit yet
May 19th: VA Case Closed
June 5th: Received 199 from PEBLO (80% DOD / 100% VA)
June 8th: Signed 199 asking for a formal board to have the combat code added to my back injury
How long you think the formal going to take? Is there anyway you can get a breakdown of your ratings before getting your DA 199? Thanks

How long you think the formal going to take? Is there anyway you can get a breakdown of your ratings before getting your DA 199? Thanks
No idea. The lawyer made it seem like it could take another 30 days or so. As far as the ratings go, the only way I know how is from the letter the VA sends out. Sometimes that will get there before you get your 199, but it will not have DOD ratings on it.

No idea. The lawyer made it seem like it could take another 30 days or so. As far as the ratings go, the only way I know how is from the letter the VA sends out. Sometimes that will get there before you get your 199, but it will not have DOD ratings on it.
Oh ok so my unfit condition is fibromyalgia. The letter won’t have that rating on there?

Oh ok so my unfit condition is fibromyalgia. The letter won’t have that rating on there?
Yes, it will be in the letter. But only the rating you receive from the VA will be on there. The rating that you will get from DOD will not. If that makes sense. if you want to find out the status of the letter you can always call the number that's on the VA website where you can check the status of your claim. You just call and hit the button for claim status or whatever and ask the person if they have sent out the letter. They might not even have your address on file, and they didn't for me so I had to give it to him and they sent the letter out the next day.

But even the letter doesn't show a full breakdown. it will just tell you your total VA rating percentage and how much that equates to monetarily.

Attachments

• IMG_20200609_120152.jpg
    IMG_20200609_120152.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 38
15 JAN 20 - P3 Initiated
11 FEB 20 - IDES brief
12 FEB 20 - First meeting with Peblo
13 FEB 20 - MEB Referral
13 FEB 20 - Meeting with MEB Provider
19 FEB 20 - VA Claims with MSC
27 FEB 20 - QTC
29 FEB 20 - QTC