My Experience in Fort Hood

Boricua100

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
From Fort Hood:

Don’t fret about the timeline, I was in your position, I looked at the ebenefits page at least 10 or more times a day. It seemed to change but not in my favor. Look under work in progress and historical claims, if something appears in historical then your ratings are a few days from reaching your peblo.

This is how mine looks like:

Referral 08/01/2016

VA Claims 08/03/2016

Medical Exam 08/19/2016

Medical Evaluation Board 10/03/2016

Informal PEB 10/19/2016

VA Rating 12/06/2016

PEB Findings 12/15/2016

PEBLO Counsel & Soldier Election 12/16/2016

If you noticed there is a big gap between the PEB and the VA Ratings, that’s supposedly because they are upgrading their systems. That is bull the anything from 45 to 90 days to complete the ratings portion.

I signed my DA199 on 12/16/2016 she said it could take 2 weeks for my NLT I’m hopeful ill receive it next week prior to new year’s. On 12/20/2016 I had an appointment with my MSC and on 12/22/2016 with the VA Liaison.

I'm at the great place also and about the exact same TL I signed my 199 9Dec got my NLT this past Tuesday of 16Mar but I got to pick my day of 30Jan last day in start ptdy and terminal 12Jan I had no days so I was trying to be out

I'm at the great place also and about the exact same TL I signed my 199 9Dec got my NLT this past Tuesday of 16Mar but I got to pick my day of 30Jan last day in start ptdy and terminal 12Jan I had no days so I was trying to be out

That is excellent. Looking at your 199 date and NLT. im guestimating ill receive mine by the 27th or 29th. Which is good because I put my 20 days PTDY for JAN 9th and Seperation date of MAR 28 because I have 59 days of leave.

What is all this about a NLT date and picking a date. Up here, we just get our orders and that's the day you are out.

What is all this about a NLT date and picking a date. Up here, we just get our orders and that's the day you are out.

Like DANNYOHH stated the gave him a NLT (No Later Than Date) of 18 Mach 2017 but with PTDY and Leave accumulated he can only go as far as 30 January. If he had more leave day he could go on leave till 18 March and still get paid Army wage.

In my case I have 20 days PTDY from JAN 9th till the 28th JAN and 59 days of leave from 29th JAN till 28th March my NLT is April 10th. You decide when you officially separate from the Army, the Army tells you when you have to be out, my separation date will be MAR 28. You can go to the SFAC and the can explain in regards to the separation before the 20th and after the 30th of the month or mid month. But to make it simple if you separate mid month DFAS will pay your full months check, later you will owe them what ever is calculated as overpay, also your VA benefits wont kick in till the next 1st of the month.

If you separate after the 20th but before the 30th your benefits will be official that 1st of the month. With my dates I would have my first VA chack on 1 APR 2017

Hope this helps

Like DANNYOHH stated the gave him a NLT (No Later Than Date) of 18 Mach 2017 but with PTDY and Leave accumulated he can only go as far as 30 January. If he had more leave day he could go on leave till 18 March and still get paid Army wage.

In my case I have 20 days PTDY from JAN 9th till the 28th JAN and 59 days of leave from 29th JAN till 28th March my NLT is April 10th. You decide when you officially separate from the Army, the Army tells you when you have to be out, my separation date will be MAR 28. You can go to the SFAC and the can explain in regards to the separation before the 20th and after the 30th of the month or mid month. But to make it simple if you separate mid month DFAS will pay your full months check, later you will owe them what ever is calculated as overpay, also your VA benefits wont kick in till the next 1st of the month.

If you separate after the 20th but before the 30th your benefits will be official that 1st of the month. With my dates I would have my first VA chack on 1 APR 2017

Hope this helps
Are you getting medically separated or retired?

Hey friends for all of you that are looking at this post and are from Fort Hood let me tell you that the process it's moving along I sign my da 199 on December 16th and today January 4th received my no later than date (NLT) of March 29th 2017.

Last edited:
Like I mentioned yesterday I received my NLT and soon after I went to my company to get that document signed from the SFAC. Like always all companies they're retarded my commander waited for hours in order to give me that signature to turn in my paperwork. So today I turned in the SFAC paperwork basically letting them know what days I'm going to be in PTDY and my leave dates which includes the day I want to separate from the military.

I found out this morning that if you already sign your da 199 you can submit your permissive TDY and just wait for yourent NLT. if I would have known that my stress levels would have been lower then what they were.

Now after turning in the sfac paperwork all I have to do is wait 8 calendar days 4 my HR representative to let me know when to come pick my orders, according to the front desk I should be receiving notice on January 17th let's hope that this date is accurate.