Navy Tdlr to Pdrl Questions

jloaf7815

Registered Member
Good afternoon everyone,

I was put on Tdrl from the Navy for a knee injury that occurred before I joined and to make matters short,I pretty much shouldn't of been able to join the Navy. I've been out for about and year and I was wondering what everyone's experience was waiting for their re-evaluation. I've read on reddit that people will go without hearing anything for about 3 years and then they'll get a random letter in the mail telling them their appointment date for a evaluation. This is my first post to this forum so bare with me. Thanks everyone and I hope to here back from someone.

oddpedestrian

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just continue getting treatment if put on TDRL after Feb 2017 then you can only stay on it for 3 years so you be should be hearing something soon. If you had a recent C&P (six months) exam from the VA or anticipate one before the next TDRL evaluation you can push for them to use that exam and waive the DOD exam.

Warrior644

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good afternoon everyone,

I was put on Tdrl from the Navy for a knee injury that occurred before I joined and to make matters short,I pretty much shouldn't of been able to join the Navy. I've been out for about and year and I was wondering what everyone's experience was waiting for their re-evaluation. I've read on reddit that people will go without hearing anything for about 3 years and then they'll get a random letter in the mail telling them their appointment date for a evaluation. This is my first post to this forum so bare with me. Thanks everyone and I hope to here back from someone.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, it seems that each military department implements the mandated TDRL re-evaluation at their own discretion albeit it should occur no later than 18 months upon initial placement onto the TDRL.

That said, whether you fell under the old 5-year maximum duration on TDRL or new 3-year maximum duration on TDRL, a TDRL re-evaluation is warranted at this point as based upon your aforementioned comments.

As such, you should immediately contact the Navy TDRL department/branch and make an inquiry about the status of your TDRL case. Please don't rely upon the Navy TDRL department/branch to contact you; they might not have your current point of contact information on file. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">