NMCP (Navy-Norfolk) Timeline

Good to see progress.

Waste - When my dates started to change around I was complete within 2 weeks. It was stuck on a single date for like a month. Speaking with my PEBLO he said the VA has picked up the pace and are moving quicker.

Mustang - Mine took a little over 2 weeks at the PEB. I would reach out to the PEB one last time and see where its at. When mine was sent back to my PEBLO, he didn't notice for about 4 days.

I just requested a formal board, chance are really slim as my surgeon refused to put any further remarks regarding my knee surgery. He said the claimed conditions do not correlate with the surgery. I guess ill have to fight it and try to get something higher of just what I can tell them. If it fails I'm taking my severance pay and moving on. I am starting to get antsy to get out and move on with my life.

Off Topic - I actually applied to work as a rater in the Louisville office lol. This will be a game changer for this forum.
Yea I called the PEB today they said it was done. Now imma just sit back see how long Peblo takes to let me know my results are in. Imma give him to Monday

And Im sure they could use you as a rater.. especially someone been through the process.

Good to see progress.

Waste - When my dates started to change around I was complete within 2 weeks. It was stuck on a single date for like a month. Speaking with my PEBLO he said the VA has picked up the pace and are moving quicker.

Mustang - Mine took a little over 2 weeks at the PEB. I would reach out to the PEB one last time and see where its at. When mine was sent back to my PEBLO, he didn't notice for about 4 days.

I just requested a formal board, chance are really slim as my surgeon refused to put any further remarks regarding my knee surgery. He said the claimed conditions do not correlate with the surgery. I guess ill have to fight it and try to get something higher of just what I can tell them. If it fails I'm taking my severance pay and moving on. I am starting to get antsy to get out and move on with my life.

Off Topic - I actually applied to work as a rater in the Louisville office lol. This will be a game changer for this forum.
It absolutely baffles me how this process is tracked or not tracked. There is always talk about how personnel are a big cost. Yet the Navy (cannot speak for other branches) spends no money to track this process or provide transparency. Meanwhile people (which cost money to pay) sit around 6 to 9 months only to have the PEBLO not even notice the process has completed. I would have been fired from my various jobs for this level of incompetence. Rant over.

Couldn't have said it any better. From what ive seen on the forums, the army has a pretty good tracking system and then there is us (Navy - Marine Corps). Ive seen better trackers created using paper and crayons made by Marines who were asvab waivers lol. My biggest issue is trying to plan for life after the military and not being able too because you have no idea where you are in the process. Worse part is applying for GS jobs and not being able to tell them when you will be discharged. I lost 2 good jobs in Colorado that started at GS 11 because they needed an exact date and having to call everyone yourself because the PEBLO refuses or dosent know who to contact. This forum alone has been the biggest help in this process.

Aside from the Rant - So I am trying to figure out who to contact to get my formal board cancelled as I got a job offer and trying to fight this thing is going to be a waste of time.

have you received your letter in the mail yet? I know they forward their findings back to the PEB/Peblo. Just wanting to know time frame which i would hear about my ratings and when to come in to sign paperwork.

My updated timeline:
23MAR18 - Start first LIMDU period (Major Depressive Disorder - MDD)
06SEP18 - Fit for duty
09NOV18 - Start Second LIMDU period (MDD)
20FEB19 - Referred to PEB
20MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Hearing)
27MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Dental)
02APR19 - VA Appointment (Head to Toe Physical)
05APR19 - VA Appointment (Mental Health)
10MAY19 - Package sent to PEB
17JUN19 - Found Unfit (Not sure of exact date)
02JUL19 - PEB results forwarded to VA. (Found out from PEB customer service)
11JUL19 - Claim shows closed at VA.GOV
12JUL19 - Back at PEB going through QA

So hopefully I have findings in the next week to 10 days but not holding my breath.

I will continue to provide updates until I am done. Unfortunately (or fortunately) this forum has been the best source of information. The official channels are spotty at best and act insulted when you ask about the status. Go figure it is only my future and life you are talking about. I should want to know something about it.

have you received your letter in the mail yet? I know they forward their findings back to the PEB/Peblo. Just wanting to know time frame which i would hear about my ratings and when to come in to sign paperwork.

I never received mine in the mail. Even though it says it will be mailed to you I don't believe it actually is. I contacted the VA roughly a week after and had them fax my findings.

That’s why I’m confused. It’s a proposed rating and has to be approved by PEB but a girl I work with got hers in the mail before signing paperwork. But I’ve also heard from people they didn’t hear anything till PEBLO called them. I literally check the mail everyday lol. My anxiety is high. Mine closed a little over a week ago and haven’t heard from anyone. Also I was told when you go in they’ll ask you what date you wanna be out by? Including your leave plus retirement leave if it’s over 30%. But again the girl I work with has been waiting almost 4 months for them to even give her a separation notice. Idk if it’s on the command to determine separation or if you actually have a say about when you get out. I know it’s through bupers and they inform your command through that system. Anyone have info on that?

That’s why I’m confused. It’s a proposed rating and has to be approved by PEB but a girl I work with got hers in the mail before signing paperwork. But I’ve also heard from people they didn’t hear anything till PEBLO called them. I literally check the mail everyday lol. My anxiety is high. Mine closed a little over a week ago and haven’t heard from anyone. Also I was told when you go in they’ll ask you what date you wanna be out by? Including your leave plus retirement leave if it’s over 30%. But again the girl I work with has been waiting almost 4 months for them to even give her a separation notice. Idk if it’s on the command to determine separation or if you actually have a say about when you get out. I know it’s through bupers and they inform your command through that system. Anyone have info on that?
The VA will fax the proposed ratings to you after 10 business days have elapsed as Bosan describes above. They will not give on the 10 days...that is my own personal experience. Most frustrating thing about this is that the woman I talked to at VA could see the letter but could not talk to me about it.

As for the process....the PEBLO will deliver your findings. You will have 15 days to submit accept, submit a rebuttal, etc. You will sit down with the attorney who can help you with this decision. For the sake of this conversation let's say you accept. You will sign paperwork stating you accept the findings. That will then be sent back to the PEB. The PEB will then release a Notification of Decision (naval message). This message goes to your command, PSD and BUPERS. This message will have your separation date/retirement date, percentages, etc. This message comes out 2-4 weeks after signing your findings and is a signal to all involved (command, PSD and BUPERS) to process you for separation/retirement.

I sent an email to PERS 954 to ask questions about selection of retirement date, etc. When they reply (if they reply) I will share the information they give me. My situation is probably different in that I am over 20 years of service and will be retiring no matter what.

Here is a link to the BUPERS Disability Retirement page: Disability Retirement. I think the information is not arranged very well but it has a few pieces of info.

Hope that helps answer some questions. Even after 20 plus years of service this is a hard process to deal with.

The VA will fax the proposed ratings to you after 10 business days have elapsed as Bosan describes above. They will not give on the 10 days...that is my own personal experience. Most frustrating thing about this is that the woman I talked to at VA could see the letter but could not talk to me about it.

As for the process....the PEBLO will deliver your findings. You will have 15 days to submit accept, submit a rebuttal, etc. You will sit down with the attorney who can help you with this decision. For the sake of this conversation let's say you accept. You will sign paperwork stating you accept the findings. That will then be sent back to the PEB. The PEB will then release a Notification of Decision (naval message). This message goes to your command, PSD and BUPERS. This message will have your separation date/retirement date, percentages, etc. This message comes out 2-4 weeks after signing your findings and is a signal to all involved (command, PSD and BUPERS) to process you for separation/retirement.

I sent an email to PERS 954 to ask questions about selection of retirement date, etc. When they reply (if they reply) I will share the information they give me. My situation is probably different in that I am over 20 years of service and will be retiring no matter what.

Here is a link to the BUPERS Disability Retirement page: Disability Retirement. I think the information is not arranged very well but it has a few pieces of info.

Hope that helps answer some questions. Even after 20 plus years of service this is a hard process to deal with.
Great info! Thank you for sharing. I’m at this point in the process, waiting for message with retirement date, etc. I accepted findings yesterday. So you say 2 to 4 weeks for that message to come out. My question, if you can provide any assistance, is would that also be the timeframe for orders as in like what is needed to set up a move? Or is there going to be anything I can acquire earlier in order to set up a move ?

Great info! Thank you for sharing. I’m at this point in the process, waiting for message with retirement date, etc. I accepted findings yesterday. So you say 2 to 4 weeks for that message to come out. My question, if you can provide any assistance, is would that also be the timeframe for orders as in like what is needed to set up a move? Or is there going to be anything I can acquire earlier in order to set up a move ?
I am a bit fuzzy on when orders are in hand (how long). I do know it is after the Notification of Decision and know that only the orders will provide the lines of accounting to support the move. I know of nothing you can acquire to set up the move earlier. Personal property will not accept anything other than the line of accounting on the orders. Your CPC might be able to help you on the orders part...but my guess is he/she will not really know either.

I am a bit fuzzy on when orders are in hand (how long). I do know it is after the Notification of Decision and know that only the orders will provide the lines of accounting to support the move. I know of nothing you can acquire to set up the move earlier. Personal property will not accept anything other than the line of accounting on the orders. Your CPC might be able to help you on the orders part...but my guess is he/she will not really know either.
Thank you. Have you gotten your ratings yet ? I think ours came back from the VA and to the PEB at the same date. 12 July is when the PEB got mine from the VA.

Thank you. Have you gotten your ratings yet ? I think ours came back from the VA and to the PEB at the same date. 12 July is when the PEB got mine from the VA.
No ratings. VA will not fax them to me until Friday morning. I visited with my PEBLO yesterday and she had nothing. The waiting game continues.

No ratings. VA will not fax them to me until Friday morning. I visited with my PEBLO yesterday and she had nothing. The waiting game continues.
Sorry about that. I was expecting to be waiting a much longer time to find out the decision. I called the PEB last Friday and the lady told me a total of about 23 days is what it takes at the PEB before they send it to the PEBLO but Monday morning I had the decision from the PEBLO. Hopefully you’ll find out soon.

As for the process....the PEBLO will deliver your findings. You will have 15 days to submit accept, submit a rebuttal, etc. You will sit down with the attorney who can help you with this decision. For the sake of this conversation let's say you accept. You will sign paperwork stating you accept the findings. That will then be sent back to the PEB. The PEB will then release a Notification of Decision (naval message).
Good Information...and just an update on my case mine closed at va on 25 June I just received my ratings 17 July 30 percent DOD TDRL so 50% for now/ 100 Va met with attorney and signed on Monday. Now I'm just waiting on my naval message TDRL and new EAOS.

Good stuff ! Congrats. Question. You got 30% DOD but you said 50%? What’s the mean? Also, when you get your naval message can you update on here? This is the only place I feel like I’m NOT in the dark ...

Not sure what happened on last message so just reposting my portion. (Good Information...and just an update on my case mine closed at va on 25 June I just received my ratings 17 July 30 percent DOD TDRL so 50% for now/ 100 Va met with attorney and signed on Monday. Now I'm just waiting on my naval message TDRL and new EAOS.

Good stuff ! Congrats. Question. You got 30% DOD but you said 50%? What’s the mean? Also, when you get your naval message can you update on here? This is the only place I feel like I’m NOT in the dark ...
Thanks ...You receive at least 50% while on TDRL until they make a final decision at the end of 3 yr reevaluation period.

Thanks ...You receive at least 50% while on TDRL until they make a final decision at the end of 3 yr reevaluation period.
So I got 40% DOD TDRL and 100% VA. You’re saying it’s 50% then ? Does that mean anything towards retirement pay or will the pay be the full amount from the VA? Sorry if these are dumb questions. I’ve been trying to figure out the answers on my own but I think I’m just confusing myself more.

From what was explained to me yes you will receive a min of 50% on TDRL. When you sit down to discuss this with your Peblo or lawyer they should explain it in detail for you. You will receive the retirement pay until your Va starts there are other circumstances where you can receive both but for most with less than 20 years you only receive retirement pay until you receive VA compensation. Of course will on TDRL you receive Tricare base access just like normal retirement. Someone feel free to correct me if any info I have given is incorrect.

Findings are back! Just got off the phone with my PEBLO. Of course she would not tell me any information over the phone and I have to wait until Friday @ 1000 to see her. I am just happy that the findings are back and I am one BIG step closer to retirement. My updated timeline below.

23MAR18 - Start first LIMDU period (Major Depressive Disorder - MDD)
06SEP18 - Fit for duty
09NOV18 - Start Second LIMDU period (MDD)
20FEB19 - Referred to PEB
20MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Hearing)
27MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Dental)
02APR19 - VA Appointment (Head to Toe Physical)
05APR19 - VA Appointment (Mental Health)
10MAY19 - Package sent to PEB
17JUN19 - Found Unfit (Not sure of exact date)
02JUL19 - PEB results forwarded to VA. (Found out from PEB customer service)
11JUL19 - Claim shows closed at VA.GOV
12JUL19 - Back at PEB going through QA
24JUL19 - PEBLO informs me findings are back (meet 7/26 to review)