Oh no!!! What have I done????

Hi y'all. My name is Alexis and I just stumbled across this forum a few days ago. Looking for guidance.

MEB'd. On terminal leave now but prior to filing my claim, I was instructed to only claim "super serious" medical issues. With the few things I did claim I ended up getting 100% from Veteran Affairs and 60 from the Army. Army is permanent but VA comes with a later re-evaluation (mental health), so I highly doubt I would be at 100% for very long given the horror stories I have heard (assuming they are true) about the VA lowering after initial reevaluation.

Bottom line...... There are about a dozen more things I would like to claim had I known better. My fault for taking bad advice.

Now that I am learning more about the process I went to a certain organization and have been getting advice from a VSO. The VSO tells me that I screwed myself by not claiming all of my issues and that I could still file additional claims but that filing additional claims will cause the VA to reconsider all of my ratings and potentially "screw" me over, so his recommendation was to not file any additional claims.

I have been in the military for a long time and the whole time I have been fighting to get dental work done for the past decade. There has always been an excuse for why I cant get anything other than simple dental work done. I have asked to be sent off post so many times, but never happened. Now that I am getting out I am being told by the dental clinic that they cant do anything for me at this point and that I can go to VA to get any further dental work. The issue is that I have been told conflicting things about whether or not I can get care at the VA. Here is what I have been told----

1. You are 100 percent, so you will get treatment from VA.
2. You have a rated dental condition (TMJ) so you are good with VA dental.
3. Even though you are 100 percent, you have to wait until you are P/T to get dental treatment, which could take 20 years.
4. You didn't have a dental exam 90 days prior to separation, so the VA will screen you once and do any necessary dental work.
5. The VA will curb stomp your soul and laugh at you because they are the VA and that's just how the VA works.

I don't care about anything at this point but getting my dental taken care of. I am on terminal leave and the dental clinic wont do anything for me because I need "serious" work that would require multiple appointments and time that I just don't have.

I have a medical condition which causes acidic saliva to wreak havoc on my teeth. The LTC at the clinic told me that I basically need a full restoration to be fully functional. The problem I am having now is that I am in so much pain.... this pain is just unbearable.

You are not supposed to be discharged without a dental exam and all necessary work completed.

Who did not follow policy?

You are not supposed to be discharged without a dental exam and all necessary work completed.

Who did not follow policy?

I suppose the dental clinic. I have two more weeks of terminal leave and I am trying to figure out what to do at this point.

A final physical and dental clear is part of all separation packets so you should see who signed off on your dental being cleared first. If you can't find that or it wasn't complete, you need to contact your chain of command if no one at dental will help or schedule you. I'm sure a lot will depend on whether or not you will be able to return to your base or one nearby.

A final physical and dental clear is part of all separation packets so you should see who signed off on your dental being cleared first. If you can't find that or it wasn't complete, you need to contact your chain of command if no one at dental will help or schedule you. I'm sure a lot will depend on whether or not you will be able to return to your base or one nearby.

I own a home a stones throw away from post. So getting back to post is not an issue. Dental signed off on my clearing stuff and said that because most of what I need done is reconstructive type work I am not considered To have urgent class 3 or 4 work. Which confuses me because the doctor said I need full reconstruction before I would be able to use my teeth to eat and stuff like that like a normal person without having pain or anything. Basically they are saying that I need a lot of work done but they are only going to do what is immediate pain. I feel really bad about this and I feel that they are not taking care of me. Kind of bothers me that military will pay thousands Of dollars for regular medical type procedures but makes anything outside of basic dental so difficult to get, especially when needed