Post retirement pay (in my case, not getting paid) questions.

Folks, I need some help here. Much like most of you, I have finished up a long drawn out IDES process. I retired in NOV, 90%VA and 70%DOD. I'm guard. 22 years guard, little over 7 years active. Combat related Line of Duty. Currently on TDRL.
I received a call from the VA asking for my 214, I was never issued one. I'm not built in to the DoD retirement system. The VA needs my 214 which I don't have and my base won't return my calls, I'm assuming because I don't belong to them anymore. That and, like a lot of people on here with mental health issues, my base was less than helpful throughout this entire process...I'll leave that for another day.
Long story short, I have been told by my PEBLO that I will not receive any money from the DoD but I have a friend who is in the same position as myself and he is. I didn't receive a dime this month, from the VA or the DoD, the VA can't finish my paperwork without the 214 and the DoD never entered me into the system.
My question's: Am I right or wrong in thinking I'll get a stipend from the DoD? And isn't this suppose to be a seamless process? Who do I contact to get the DoD to process my pay info? I was never briefed on what to expect monetarily, when I ask questions everyone points fingers to everyone else...I truly have no idea how to plan or budget for retirement because I don't know what I'll earn.

If there is a person that is well versed in this stuff, please message me, I need someone to talk to.

Since you are National Guard, you aren't entitled to retirement pay until you're 60. I'm about to be retired and I have 17 years of active duty, so I'm in the same boat. That's when you'll start getting that. However, since you've been medically retired, you can apply for CRSC. If any of your disabilities were combat related, then you can get paid for those. Check the CRSC section for more information. Or you can google Combat Related Special Compensation for other resources on that. Since you are Guard, I'd call your HR section at your state HQ and talk to the retirement section about your retirement paperwork. If they don't help you, call IG and start some shit.

I just talked to my buddy that was medically retired from the Guard in my state. He gave the VA his 214 from his last deployment. He didn't get a 214 when he retired because he was in a drilling status and not active duty. You only get a 214 at the end of a period of active duty.

Following. Guard members don't receive medical retirement pay until the are 60? mrando69, you won't either with 17 years AD? Something doesn't sound right?

I'm AGR and I, most likely, won't make it to 20. I won't be eligible for concurrent receipt. I'll get the medical pension or the VA pay. I expect that my VA will be more than the DOD pension so that's all I'll get. Traditional Guardsmen aren't eligible for retirement pay until the hit their qualifying age (60 minus any qualifying deployment periods). So SSBB will get both once he hits his retirement age. Until then, he'll get his VA pay. Since he said he has a combat related LOD, he can apply for CRSC now and get paid that as soon as his branch approves it.

If you are permanent retirement list you may receive retirement pay if your unfitting condition is 30% or more. However, if your VA benefit is greater than your military retirement pay, you will only receive VA disability pay. You can also apply for CRSC. If you are a technician, you will be retired with a disability annuity as well.

If you are permanent retirement list you may receive retirement pay if your unfitting condition is 30% or more. However, if your VA benefit is greater than your military retirement pay, you will only receive VA disability pay. You can also apply for CRSC. If you are a technician, you will be retired with a disability annuity as well.
If rated 30% or higher from the PEB, you are entitled to retirement pay. It is not a may. Otherwise, the info is correct. Not trying to be rude SOFVET, just a clarification for others who may read this. Also, I understand what you said probably encompasses what I stated, but some people may be confused.

Folks, I need some help here. Much like most of you, I have finished up a long drawn out IDES process. I retired in NOV, 90%VA and 70%DOD. I'm guard. 22 years guard, little over 7 years active. Combat related Line of Duty. Currently on TDRL.
I received a call from the VA asking for my 214, I was never issued one. I'm not built in to the DoD retirement system. The VA needs my 214 which I don't have and my base won't return my calls, I'm assuming because I don't belong to them anymore. That and, like a lot of people on here with mental health issues, my base was less than helpful throughout this entire process...I'll leave that for another day.
Long story short, I have been told by my PEBLO that I will not receive any money from the DoD but I have a friend who is in the same position as myself and he is. I didn't receive a dime this month, from the VA or the DoD, the VA can't finish my paperwork without the 214 and the DoD never entered me into the system.
My question's: Am I right or wrong in thinking I'll get a stipend from the DoD? And isn't this suppose to be a seamless process? Who do I contact to get the DoD to process my pay info? I was never briefed on what to expect monetarily, when I ask questions everyone points fingers to everyone else...I truly have no idea how to plan or budget for retirement because I don't know what I'll earn.

If there is a person that is well versed in this stuff, please message me, I need someone to talk to.

Hi there. What you are seeking is a NGB 22. That is the equivalent for MDAY Soldiers to the DD 214 for AGRs, Active Component Soldiers and anyone called to active duty for a deployment.
Not sure if this post is too late or not but I wanted to chive in that the form you need is a NGB 22. That is what my Shop in the KYARNG does for all my MDAY Soldiers who retire/ETS. Those do go up to the J1 office to be finalized but it starts within your unit up to your BDE S1 shop. My State is behind in getting those 22's caught up in order to get them to the Soldiers and Airmen. Hope this helps anyone reading.

Just a bit of info for all of those who are Reserve or NG. If you go thru IDES and you are found "Unfit" and determined to be 30 percent or more, you WILL be eligible for military retirement, at whatever age you are then (no ne d to wait to age 60). Then, if your VA is more than the DoD retired pay, expect to get the VA, and have the VA offset all or most of your DoD, untilll you hit age 60. At that point, if you had completed 20 or more years in Reserve or Guard service (with good years), you will be eligible to receive Concurrent Receipt, that is Full DoD and Full VA. I don't know why some folks keep getting confused, and keep claiming that a Res/NG that is retired with more than 30 percent DoD won't get to draw until 60, that is just plain incorrect.